“Disappointing”

Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Hong Kong
“Disappointing”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We were a group of 5 persons for dinner after the lunar new year fireworks in Hong Kong. Service was disappointing as we had to signal waiters to to take away the empty dishes and also to fill our glasses with water. In other restaurants, waiters keep an eye on the tables on which they are waiting and take better care. Also, the quality of food was poor compared to a few years ago when we had visited this restaurant.

Visited February 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you have the patience to wait for long hours, can go”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Good authentic food ,service is too slow, good place for Indians and for the people who want to try Indian food

• Visited March 2013
Vancouver
“Good food, slightly on expensive side”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Before leaving Vancouver, one of my friends had recommended the Gaylord Restaurant, so I decided to dine there on the one night I was in Hong Kong. I had written down the directions to the restaurant before leaving the hotel, so it was relatively easy to find. I found the restaurant's decor to be fine, so they must have fixed the problems mentioned by another reviewer.

I went in early, so there was only one couple in the restaurant at the time. I ordered the masala skeesh kebob dish with naan and it was very tasty, with the right spices. And then ordered the kulfi as dessert, which was also very good.

The restaurant started filling up as I was finishing off my meal. There was one group of about 25 that came in and several others who came in about the same time. The live music had not yet started before I left.

I found the staff not as attentive as at restaurants in Vancouver. The manager and senior staff were at the restaurant, but i did not see them greeting the guests as they came in or while they were having their food.

Good food overall, but slightly on the expensive side in my view.

• Visited January 2014
Florence, Italy
“Good and cheap Indian cuisine”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I love Indian food and I am really used to go to this kind of restaurants. As soon as I saw the promotion on a flyer, I decided to stop by with my friends (someone not really accustomed to this kind of dishes) but in the end everyone was satisfied! The lunch deal is worthy and very good. It is a self-service lunch, but the prices they offer are very cheap if you compare it with a normal service.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Leonardo T
Andover, Massachusetts
“Solid Indian Cuisine”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Gaylord Indian restaurant is on Ashley Road between Nathan and Kowloon Park Drive. This is a Tsim Sha Tsui institution and has been here for many years. The food is always good and the prices are reasonable. The Saag Gosht (lamb with spinach) and the Seekkh Kabab (minced rolled lamb with spices on a sizzling palte) are two of my favorites. Yum!

• Visited January 2014