“One of my favorite cheap noodles place in Sham Shui Po”

Lau Sum Kee Noodles
Ranked #194 of 10,357 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: Sham Shui Po
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Frankly you do not go to this place for a romantic lunch. Place is small, you share the same table with strangers, nobody speaks English. But the shrimp wonton and noodles are simply amazing. A must for any hungry visitor. You will only find local customers there.

1  Thank tchrin

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I found out this place from openrice.com and tried their (ha zi mee - dry). the only difference with wanton mee is they have put the ha zi (i don't really what is this, but kind of like powder thing) on top of the noodle. The dumpling (shui gao) is nice. We waited for about 15min to get a seat.

1  Thank PuiKuan
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Went to due to publicy and I felt cheated afterwards. There are 2 in SSP area. Their famous dish is noodles with prawn roe. Absoultely joke, chewy, tough, dry and salty. Had also 2 diff., types of wontons and they were nothing special. After eating, my mouth was so dry and meaning they used MSG to fool your palate. I'll never eat there and it was expensive for what they were. Never look at the pics of famous stars and ators on the shop front. Never again !

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Interesting recipe with the shrimp egg on the wanton noodle & served with dumpling soup. While waiting for the food to be served, you can also enjoyed their local pickle that are kept in the jar. Must try!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

I always go sham shui po to shop for silk whenever I go hk. But I always have a trouble to come earlier than 1pm, since everyone close for lunch. And I left nowhere and don't know what to do and hungry. And now I finally find a place to eat in sham shui po other than yum cha at tim ho wan.

My partner found this place by other food forum, we couldn't find the place, so we ask a guy who wore a suit, tomake sure he spoke english. He helped us to find the place! Thanks to him.

The noodle was weird for me.shrimp eggs? I never eat it before.but it was good and tasty. The beef taste good as well. I also tried the wanton noodle, but it doesn't suit my taste. The wanton it self is good, but the too much soupy noodle. Hmm, so so.

Will I be back here? Absolutely.

3  Thank beautifulmatters