“Nice and warm for a rainy night”

Nathan Congee And Noodle
Ranked #245 of 10,568 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Reviewed May 1, 2014

After checking in, it was rainy and we were hungry. The hotel reception suggested this for congee, a short walk away. The food was nice and pricing reasonable. They were even tolerant of my 6 month old daughter which is rare for HK. enjoyed it and would return to visit the next time.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

I like Congee and noodles and can eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner. We tried this place for the first time, near Novotel Hotel and Jordan MTR station. It's a small, humble place, hardly can squeeze in 10 square tables and lacking of decor and ambience. You will see the menu hand-written in large Chinese characters on both sides of the wall, listing the various types of congee and noodles. The chief waitress (oh, she could speak a few languages) recommended the liver congee and the fish congee as they are the most popular in the restaurant. We decided to try a variety and ordered the liver, the fish and the pork congee. You can watch the Chef preparing them in front of you (through a glass partition) and drawing the congee from a huge pot - being regularly stirred with a long wooden pole. The congee is smooth and very high quality, and a dash of pepper is recommended. We saw a few customers ordering frog-leg congee. We also tried the dried thin noodles with liver and a dish of green Kai Lans in oyster sauce. The liver was just medium done and came in generous portion. It was a good meal, not expensive and very much home-cooked style. We witnessed a large group of Thais tourists trying out the food and they seemed to enjoy the experience too. We will return again to sample the other types of congee.

1  Thank Lawrence L
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I am congee lover and addicted to this dish :)

They do a real express and fresh congee, no like other place that do "pre prepared"

I went several time (around 5 times)

This restaurant is small and i suggest only a congee.

I paid 50/51 for chicken congee and 49 for beef congee. But I think price can change if you are a locals (fluctuations can be 1 or 2 hkd.. nothing dramatic! !!)

If you want nice and fresh congee you MUST to go!

1  Thank alessioflorence
Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have the best congee at this place. there are many variations such as pork balls, chicken, minced meat and even innards from the pig. We tried a few variation and the wantan soup which was very tasty.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have always love pig's liver and kidney and I can't wait to try it with congee when I happened to stay at the Novotel Nathan and getting to know that the congee shop is just opposite the hotel through my HK friend. It did not disappoint me and I have visited the shop 4 times for dine in and takeaway during my 8 days stay in HK. I have tried the frog's leg congee and chicken congee as well. The congee was so smooth and I do not recall I have tasted such good congee in my own hometown.

1  Thank FlorenceKou

Been to Nathan Congee And Noodle? Share your experiences!