“Amazing food at Jimmys.”

Jimmy's Kitchen Central
Ranked #2,011 of 10,364 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Indian, Steakhouse, British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Jimmy’s Kitchen has been serving classic British Colonial cuisine in Hong Kong since 1928; after over 80 years, Jimmy’s still remains one of the city’s most highly renowned and beloved culinary institutions. The old photographs hanging on the walls, the immaculate table setting, the mood lighting and the meticulous service all ensure that guests feel at home. The contemporary wooden L-shaped bar creates a comfortable area for patrons to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of this vibrant city.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Jimmys ia an icon in HK.

Fantastic food- great service - super ambience.

Onion soup the ebst I have had. Escargos yummy yummy. Madras curry - awesome.

Will definately return.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've been there several times as I like the charm and the food. The choices are pretty broad. sometimes it's hard to choose. But high on my list are the barbecued spareribs. The chicken and veal dishes are always good. They have a great borsht and very tasty desserts. It was my birthday this time so the dessert was on the house and my grandchildren loved the candles. In fact the 6 year old wants her birthday there this week.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were first taken to Jimmy's Kitchen about 15 years ago by friends. Every time we return to Hong Kong we try to get at least one meal here. This year was a bit more difficult as it was Chinese New Year and the restaurant was closed for a few days. The menu doesn't change, which is part of the charm. The food is excellent, especially if you are eating in hotels for a while and get a bit fed up of tiny, well presented, food. This is proper grub! Everything was perfect and the waiters are really excellent. The atmosphere in the restaurant is calm and unhurried, which is just what you want when on holiday. But the desserts are fantastic, especially the ones that come with custard. Would recommend this restaurant highly, together with the one on the Kowloon side.

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I was have a lunch with my friend on Friday.
At the beginning was feeling good. All the staff nice and politeness. But, a foreigner who I thought he is the manager suddenly came to ask me "Am I have booking and my name "when I having my main course. Off course I have make a reservation.

I don't know what service they provided. This is really ridiculous and impolite.
I won't come here anymore.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

When they do a signature dish, they are spot on. when they go off to something new; hit or miss. I recommend the french onion soup. sometimes their portions do not match the cost. unfortunately for jimmy's there are plenty of upstart new restaurants out there serving better quality dishes for the same price.