“Always a Joy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jimmy's Kitchen Central
Ranked #2,668 of 7,794 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Jimmy’s Kitchen has been serving classic British Colonial cuisine in Hong Kong since 1928; after over 80 years, Jimmy’s still remains one of the city’s most highly renowned and beloved culinary institutions. The old photographs hanging on the walls, the immaculate table setting, the mood lighting and the meticulous service all ensure that guests feel at home. The contemporary wooden L-shaped bar creates a comfortable area for patrons to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of this vibrant city.
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Always a Joy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were first taken to Jimmy's Kitchen about 15 years ago by friends. Every time we return to Hong Kong we try to get at least one meal here. This year was a bit more difficult as it was Chinese New Year and the restaurant was closed for a few days. The menu doesn't change, which is part of the charm. The food is excellent, especially if you are eating in hotels for a while and get a bit fed up of tiny, well presented, food. This is proper grub! Everything was perfect and the waiters are really excellent. The atmosphere in the restaurant is calm and unhurried, which is just what you want when on holiday. But the desserts are fantastic, especially the ones that come with custard. Would recommend this restaurant highly, together with the one on the Kowloon side.

• Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
hk
“Ridiculous receptionist”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I was have a lunch with my friend on Friday.
At the beginning was feeling good. All the staff nice and politeness. But, a foreigner who I thought he is the manager suddenly came to ask me "Am I have booking and my name "when I having my main course. Off course I have make a reservation.

I don't know what service they provided. This is really ridiculous and impolite.
I won't come here anymore.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
lantau
“service is good. food is not competitive (see below )”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

When they do a signature dish, they are spot on. when they go off to something new; hit or miss. I recommend the french onion soup. sometimes their portions do not match the cost. unfortunately for jimmy's there are plenty of upstart new restaurants out there serving better quality dishes for the same price.

Visited August 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Expensive and average quality food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We went to Jimmy's Kitchen in Central as we had heard so much about it and decided to eat there one evening. My friend ordered whisky which came in a dusty glass and there were bits floating at the bottom of the glass. She asked the waiter to change this and he apparently had to ask the manager first who told her that it was normal (is it? to have your drink in a dirty glass?) but he did change the glass after she explained the bits at the bottom of the glass. The food came and we were very disappointed as one of the dishes was under-cooked and the other was just a big bone on the plate. We decided not to have any dessert and could not leave the restaurant fast enough! Will I go back again ? NON ! is the answer.

Visited February 2012
Scotland
“Comfort food delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

After a 2 week break in China, HK and Thailand we thoroughly enjoyed our first vist to Jimmy's in Central district. Despite the set Sunday menu being very popular with other patrons we dined a la carte. In terms of value and quality we we're not disappointed in the least. And the General Manager, Mr Watson, and His staff ensured we had a very enjoyable meal in a good, unhurried fashion.

Wine list is good and centres a little on Australian wines but that's not a problem, its HK after all.

Haste ye' back! Recommend the steamed ginger and custard pudding - or apple crumble and custard! Sweet tooths essential.....

• Visited November 2012