“Cheap, fast and tasty!”

Ranked #610 of 10,368 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: Central
Reviewed November 10, 2013

There are many "char chan teng" chains in HK. We didn't try them all (only a handful) and found Tsui Wah to be one of the better ones.

The ambience is basic, it is brisk and can get noisy but hey it is a "char chan teng" after all. The menu is quite extensive and features many HK staples. In particular I liked their XO sauce king prawn noodles and the fish ball hor fun.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

No trip of mine to HK is complete without a quick stop in this centrally located eatery. I first ate here 10 years ago ad ALWAYS go back for more...my brothers wont be caught dead in here, but I don't mind the serene ambiance...especially after trekking around this concrete jungle of a city all day!!.

The menu is quite diverse (Chinese, Malay and Singaporean) and the chefs turn have perfected the art of turning orders around in no time. The more refined find dining pallet, may convulse at the thought of eating here, but for me, its cool, chic and inexpensive...just what you need in HK City!!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Tsui Wah is perfect comfort food. You get a reasonable quality meal at a cheap price served very quickly.

I can highly recommend the katsu curry, nasi goreng and French toast bites.

2  Thank Mcneesh
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

This is my must visit cha chaan teng in Hong Kong after being recommended by my friend who's been staying years in HK. The one in the airport is always my option for breakfast, since I always take the midnight flight and arrived in the morning, borsch with scramble egg and toast are my favorite. The reasons I like it so much is because of the moderate price, the big portion, clean place, clean toilet and the servants are very fast, but don't expect them to be friendly though. Can't get enough with the milk tea with the signature cup that made miss this place even more. This joint is open 24hr, so after you shop all day long in central you can have your lunch here or after a long night in LKF you can drop by to have a cup of hot/cold milk tea and warm toast bread. They have vast option of menu in here, from hk style foods until the western foods and they also adapt some of southeast asian foods, one of them are Indonesian food; nasi goreng. For my asian tongue, the taste really suits my palate. Never gets bored trying out the new food on the menu. Try it if you ever come to HK :)

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Visited this joint for the first time 10 years ago. Thought it was expensive when compared to other similar "tea restaurants." My thought remains after I went again a few days ago with a friend from out town.

No problem finding two cramped seats after the lunch rush hours. We were promptly served.

Ordered the Hainan Chicken rice set. Deeply disappointed with the portion and the quality of the food. The meat was blend. The chicken rice was tasteless.

My friend ordered a curry rice set plus a few misc pastry and a HK-style milk tea.

Total damage - less than $200.

There are better alternatives up Gage Street and Wellington Street toward the Sheung Wan direction.