This is a smaller hotel on the south side of Hong Kong Island, it is not one of the big 'super hotels' of north side Hong Kong or Kowloon. I just stayed for a week at one of the ocean-view suites. It was a very good room with views of Aberdeen harbour, surrounding hills, Ap Lei Chau across the water and all the activity, seven days a week, of the Aberdeen fish market 20+ floors below. The room was light and bright with a good fit-out, comfortable bed, separate sitting area and well-appointed bathroom.
Downstairs on the ground floor; The buffet breakfast, on-tap Gaggia espresso coffee maker and the early evening happy hours were all greatly appreciated.
All the staff were friendly, helpful and attentive.
As you are on the southside you need to either take the shuttle bus (infrequent, free), the local buses (frequent, cheap, busy at peak hours) or taxi (convenient and still pretty cheap) to get to the north side.
There are a range of local eateries from all manner of cheap and cheerful right up to the over-the-top Jumbo Floating Palace nearby.
There is heaps to do locally; Aberdeen promenade for a harbour-side stroll, take the local ferry 5 minutes over to Ap Lei Chau, hike up to the Hong Kong trail and Aberdeen Country Park, or take the 40 minute ferry ride to Lamma island for a day off from shopping in the tourist ghettos.
I would happily recommend this hotel to those wanting a slightly different experience of Hong Kong, and I mean that in a good way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ovolo Aberdeen Harbour is a unique lifestyle hotel that combines ultra-modern interiors with all-inclusive signature services (Free Breakfast, Free superspeed Wi-Fi, Free Minibar, Free Happy Hour) and the latest tech including 3D smart TVs for every guest. With multiple bedding configurations on offer, each styled in futuristic tribute to the surrounding area and featuring an entertainment console, elegant walk-in shower and large windows with sweeping views of the sea, Ovolo is perfect for business, couple, family and group travellers. Guests looking to indulge or unwind can also head to Lo Lounge, where complimentary breakfast is served daily and a complimentary happy hour nightly.Positioned in the city’s definitive harbour front location that puts you steps from outlet stores and under 5km from major attractions like Ocean Park and Cyberport, Ovolo Aberdeen Harbour keeps you 15 minutes from Central district through convenient public transport links, but far enough away from the chaos to enjoy a unique laid back slice of tranquility in authentic Aberdeen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Ovolo Aberdeen Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ovolo Hotels And Serviced Apartments 100 Shek Pai Wan Hk Hotel Hong Kong
- Ovolo Aberdeen Harbour Hong Kong