“Delicious all-around”

Ranked #1,172 of 8,973 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I ad their afternoon tea set of tea with a piece of cake but have been to the restaurant in the past many many times for high tea, lunch and dinners. I recommend their great teas, pastries and even savory foods. My most favorite is their Mussels flown all the way from France. It's a seasonal dish with white wine sauce. If you happen to see it in the menu, do order it since it is worth the price.
There are a lot of branches now around town and gets pretty crowded during peak times and on the weekends or special occasion season so better book early.

There are newer reviews for Agnes b. le pain grille

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Pear mousse dessert was very good here. I loved it. The chocolate and raspberry were also really good.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Was at Agnes b for a quick tea time meal and was looking for a nice solid meal. Definitely got it with the nice croque monsieur and a nice ice team. Unfortunately it was a bit pricier than I was expecting but then I remembered this was HK and then it was okay.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

It is difficult to come by proper 'western' breakfasts in the Tsim Sha Tsui area outside of the pricey Hotel restaurant buffets. Recently the Delifrance on Mody Road in Tsim Sha Tsui East was replaced by a Agnès b. Le Pain Grillé + Café L.P.G., which opens early (8.30am) and served 'western' breakfast, a al French style.

We stopped by recently and had a decent breakfast. The cafe was similar to other Agnes b. Le Pain Grille's around the city, like a French bakery or patisserie shop, quite relaxed and enjoyable. This is one of the things we like about this franchise in Hong Kong. The service was fine and the food ok.

We tried the English Breakfast w/ French Touch (HK$98) that was served in an attractive manner. All sides were light in size with the Bayonne ham and sausage being the most enjoyable of the breakfast items (rating 3 of 5). We also tried the Eggs Benedict w/ cooked ham (HK$88) that wasn't great. the hollandaise sauce wasn't prominent enough and the egg very runny. Again the serving looked attractive but it didn't seem like they had mastered this dish back in the kitchen yet (rating 2.75 of 5).

For drinks, we had the Creme Broulee au Lait (HK$39) that simply tasted like a sweet hazelnut latte with a bit of carmel on the top, and a regular coffee (HK$30) that was a bit too bitter but tasted fine with a bit of milk.

Overall, not the best breakfast in the world and a bit pricey for what was served. However, the cafe is still relatively new so they might be going through some teething issues in the kitchen. We'll probably wait a while before trying here again but its good to see another place to have 'western' cooked breakfasts in TST that isn't in a hotel restaurant.

1  Thank BradJill
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Being a visitor to Hong Kong, the concept of an Agnés b. restaurant was very novel and interesting to me. I only know of Agnés b. for their bags and accessories. So being the cynic I am, I was convinced an Agnés b. restaurant was just business strategy and the food wasn't going to impress at all. Nonetheless, curiosity got the better of me and I decided to check out the place. And I'm glad to have done so.

Ambience of the place is really lovely. I liked the brightness of the place, and its muted but classic decor. Service was impeccable, and food was also very tasty.

It was an enjoyable meal I had there, and a refreshing experience too. To any fellow cynics out there who are as ignorant as I had been about Agnés b., I would tell you that it's definitely worth checking out.