“Ok”

Ranked #603 of 10,582 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Currently closed for renovation.
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Its ok. Typical Asian fare but one of the better choices in SoHo for cleanliness of food and selection.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I frequent Soho Spice when I'm in HK. One of my favs. I always get the same thing, which is the first item on the entree menu, the sirloin beef in coconut curry sauce. I pick around the veggies, but the beef is always tender and the curry sauce delicious. If you sign up for AsiaXpat.com Super Mondays it's buy one get one free on Mondays. Great deal!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Located in the hip Hong Kong SoHo district, this small restaurant offered a great enviornment to relax, have some chilled beers and Vietnamese/Thai cuisine.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

Had dinner there a couple of weeks ago with friends who had recommended the place. I found it not that exciting. The service was rather slow, the starters mediocre, the mains partially cold and I missed this typical Vietnamese or Thai tingle in the dishes. The only dish that was to my liking was the sticky rice with mango, but that's about it. Many other places, so not a a candidate for a repeat visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

The reviews here were equivocal, but I was committed!

A special dinner in Hong Kong and we opted for Soho Spice. I liked the idea of Thai/Vietnamese.

The decor was cool, dark and welcoming. We arrived without a reservation on a very wet Friday evening. Promptly seated at a table right in the front, across from the bar alcove. There were many spare tables behind us in the main part of the restuarant that were free and mostly remained free, during the time that we were there. Service was prompt and efficient without being welcoming, or brusque.

For a starter we chose a selection of small bites. All were excellent, if only we had stopped there. The mains were very disappointing and came very quickly after the first course. Without being rushed, it was clear that we were being moved on, at some pace. Other diners who came in after us, without bookings, appeared to be given the same treatment.

I did not feel that I got value for money. The food wasn't awful, the staff not rude; everything was just ordinary.

5/10