“Great Genki Sushi”

Sen-ryo
Ranked #230 of 7,933 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central
philippines
“Great Genki Sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had to wait for my number, but after this the sushi and sashimi was fast. I enjoyed especially the scallop, sea urchin and salmon sushi. The variety of all the sushi and sashimi served was so many, all you do is pick up from the conveyor. They also served ala carte Japanese dishes. I especially enjoyed the quality of their sushi, its freshness. Overall, the wait was worth it. Price is also very reasonable.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
“Excellent Conveyor Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

It may be hard to get a seat in this place, but it is worth the wait. The sushi and sashimi are so fresh and the fatty tuna just melts in your mouth. I also recommend going for the red bean mochi for dessert if you have the room for it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank GVM0525
New Zealand
“Great Sushi, Worth the Wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I went to Sen-Ryo with my 3 family members for a great sushi lunch in Hong Kong. After the server at the counter said we had half an hour to wait we took a ticket and waited. It took around 16 min to get us into the restaurant as many people with tickets did not show up. We were seated in a booth on the sushi train towards the end of the train. This proved slightly problematic as by the time sushi had got round to us some of the types were gone. The green tea powder and hot water dispenser was a nice touch though and the place has a great feel to it, if you're in luck like we were you might get a peek at the chefs making the sushi.

All of the sushi I had tasted fresh and great. Some of the combinations of flavours were amazing that I had never seenddone with sushi before. However I was left feeling that some of the sushi shown didn't have the wow factor and this left me with limited options to choose from as the sushi train came round. If you want a truly great experience here make sure you actually order some sushi of the menu as it may not always be in rotation or may not get to you by the time it's rotated through the other customers.

• Visited July 2013
“Good sushi!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We like this place as it has good variety of sushi/sashimi. It's often full during lunch time, especially on weekend, so please be patient to wait to get the seat.

When we ordered mackerel grill, it took them some time to prepare it. The fish didn't arrive till almost 45 minutes. But it's good. Worth to wait.

Red bean mochi ice cream was the best way to end our lunch.

Visited June 2013
Windsor, United Kingdom
“Best of the conveyor belt sushi restaurants in Hong Kong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

With any branch of the Sen-Ryo restaurant chain in Hong Kong, you can expect a really good level and selection of fresh Sushi and Sashimi. Each time i return to Hong Kong, it remains my number one choice for casual dinning. The consistency in quality for a chain restaurant has amazed me over the past 6 years or more and the key factor for my returning loyalty. There are many conveyor belt Sushi restaurants in Hong Kong and believe me, I have tried many and have yet to find any of them close to competing with Sen-Ryo.

My only problem with them is that a peak hours, you expect a very very long wait for your seating!

Top tip, if you go during less busy periods, order from the Menu for the freshly made dishes rather than selecting from the Belt which may have aged a little.

• Visited June 2013