“One of the more authentic Spanish restaurants in HK” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ole Spanish Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #348 of 7,794 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: European, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central
Description: OPENED SINCE 1998 IN HONG KONG AS THE BRAIN-CHILD OF VETERAN RESTAURATEUR, MR. CARMELO LOPEZ. A NATIVE SPANISH HIMSELF, HE CAME TO ASIA IN THE 70'S BUT WAS STILL NOSTALGICALLY ATTACHED TO THE RICHNESS AND EXQUISITE TASTE OF THE CUISINE OF HIS MOTHERLAND. OLE WAS CREATED FROM THIS CRAVE FOR AUTHENTICITY! JUST EXPERIENCE THE GENUINE TOUCH OF SPAIN THE MOMENT YOU STEP INSIDE THE RESTAURANT: THE LEMON YELLOW PLASTERED WALLS AND GLAZED TERRACOTTA TILES OF THE MEDITERRANEAN, THE LIGHTING FIXTURE AND THE DECORATIVE POTTERIES DIRECTLY FLOWN FROM SPAIN. ALL THESE ELEMENTS COMBINED TO RECREATE A UNIQUE AND COZY ATMOSPHERE THAT GOES HAND IN HAND FOR THE ENJOYMENT ONE OF THE WORLD'S FINEST CUISINES. THE EXTENSIVE VARIETY OF DELICACIES, PERFECT WITH THE SPANISH WINES, SANGRIA OR CHILLED BEERS. LIVE GUITAR MUSIC THROUGHOUT THE EVENING GRACEFULLY EXHILARATES A RELAXING AND ENJOYABLE MOOD.
Hong Kong, China
“One of the more authentic Spanish restaurants in HK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2012

We decided to check out this restaurant since we love Spanish food and have traveled through Spain before to enjoy its amazing cuisine. To clarify, this is a restaurant, it is not what is known as a cerveceria in Spain as a previous post criticized. The two things are different, but both exist in Spain. Anyhow, we truly enjoyed the food and wine here; we ordered their sangria which was nicely mixed and a variety of tapas, since we just went for lunch. It is a lovely place to go for a delicious lunch and I'd say a romantic dinner or good time with a group of friends. Unlike some of the other Spanish tapas places we have tried in the city, this one is much more authentic and reasonably priced. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank SpotOnTheMap

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Excellent service and superb food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2012

I visited this restaurant with somewhat high expectations since I've heard good things about it the place. Thus expected somewhat a good meal and experienced wine recommendations.

I was blown away by the service from the very beginning of entering the place. As my knowledge of Spanish cuisine is very limited, I only knew about tapas and paella, so I asked the waiter for recommendations. Have to be honest, I had a few drinks before so I can't recall the specific details of that conversation, but it ended up with him asking the maitre d' to come over, and he suggested I should try their "cochinillo asado", which is Spanish roasted suckling pig. I was overblown by the tenderness of the meat and crisp, flavorful pork rind. It was definitely the meal of the month for me!
During the course of the meals, the maitre d' was keeping us entertained with telling funny stories and talking about his passion for singing. Eventually, we asked him to sing for us as a joke, and with no hesitation whatsoever, he started singing Spanish opera to the whole restaurant. Surprisingly all the guests in the restaurant seemed really amazed and liked that touch of unconventional dining experience.

Story short, eating at Olé is definitely on my to-do list next time I'm in HK!

• Visited October 2011
5 Thank Willi W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Spanish corner in hk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Fantastic gazpacho, marvellous paella. Nice atmosphere with Spanish live music..what else?

1 Thank VivaLOslowFOOD
Thimphu, Bhutan
“Great Food - Awesome Paella”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

Ole serves exquisite Paella and that was the reason we went there. The entire evening was superb, with attentive staff, good food, a decently decorated surroundings. The restaurant is a bit off the main area in Central but easy to find.
I can only recommend the Paella which was really tasty. Realising that it had been my birthday, the staff were quick in offering a glass of Port wine on the house, which was much appreciated.
I can recommend this restaurant to everyone who craves good Spanish food in Hong Kong.
Only thing is that they do not seem to have a website.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank Tim B
Melbourne
“Authentic Spanish meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

Spanish cuisine but waiters not spanish. Tapas authentic. Garlic prawns deserved a double order. Lobster paella good. Overall an excellent choice for Spanish cravings.

Visited February 2012