“It is an experience but not food experience”
Review of Bo Innovation

Bo Innovation
Ranked #136 of 9,700 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I am giving it a very good rating because it is a bold and unique experience at the chef table and having some most unconventional demonstration of the east meets the west dishes, and unthought of dishes such as pink nitrogen gas and "sex on the beach" dessert. Food wise, i would not say they were the best to the taste buds.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Go there if you like experimental food with traditional background. The demon chef Alvin is a great host and very inventive in his kitchen. Get the chef's table at the bar and you can watch the assembly of all the dishes and get his explanations. Not cheap but definitely worth it!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Have tried over a dozen Michelin-starred restaurants in Hong Kong as well as in other countries, this is by far the most creative of all! When it comes to 3 Michelin-starred, we don't just talk about whether a dish is delicious or not but also the blending of food, execution skill and cooking method as well. I had the tasting menu at the chef's table and was blown away by almost every dish. I would never have imagined such traditional Chinese ingredients could go so well with some of the meat and seafood. (Don't want to spoil your meal by revealing the dishes' ingredients)

I really appreciate the fact that the chef is bold enough to try many new things which could jeopardise his own career. On top of that the tablewares are also very original and are created by Alvin Leung, the chef himself.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We went to Bo innovation yesterday. Great experience!!! This was my boyfriend's idea, I am a bit of a complicated person when it comes to food (I have a weird list of food I don't eat: no raw fish, no raw meat, no olives, no raw tomatoes). So after we arrived and got sated at the Chef's table we sorted out my food list, the no raw fish / raw meat was affecting two or three dishes so I didn't say anything about the tomatoes and olives. So anyway, the chef took my no raw fish / meat real well ( i hate when people explain to me that I should eat raw fish or that my meat would taste better) and told me he'd figure out some replacement dishes (and he did!!!!).Every dish was a true delicacy and the chef explained to us each dish!
I don't want to talk about each dish because you should really go and experience it yourself, but the molecular dish: AMAZING!
They had a wide wine selection and I really enjoyed the dinner. The only problem, I drank a bit too much (I am so ashamed!!!! And I ruined the night for my boyfriend).

1  Thank Olinguita
Reviewed January 1, 2014

The first time we went to Bo Innovation was several years ago. At that time, we were really impressed. Before we went this time, we were a bit wary of the wow factor being gone. Furthermore, the mixed reviews here were a concern. Fortunately, to our surprise, the food had improved even further. Around our table, we tried both menus, both of which were amazing.The dishes were very creative with small overlap from the ones we tried last time. The research that has gone in to create the dishes is amazing. This is really fusion Chinese food at its best. We had a great time and will no doubt go back.