“Best Buffet in Hong Kong”

Harbourside Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Perched directly at the harbour's edge, Harbourside offers casual all-day dining with both a la carte and buffet options, showcasing an elaborate selection of International dishes. Harbourside is acclaimed for its elaborate buffets, with chefs presenting a tempting array of Western and Asian dishes, a roast carving station with prime cuts of beef, action stations and decadent home-made desserts.
Reviewed June 3, 2019

We had lunch there today and enjoyed it very much. Would highly recommend it.
It is part of the Inter Continental which over looks the harbour.
The service was excellent by Alexis who looked after us during our visit.
When I asked Chef Cyrus did he have any roast beef that was well done as it was medium rare he said he could sear it for me. He also told me they do not do any satay skewers today but cooked two for me. Nothing was too much trouble for him and I was very pleased as I really do not eat seafood.
The restaurant was full even though it was Tuesday Lunch.
One could not fault the quality of the food, service and friendlyness of the staff.
Well done Inter Continental.

Date of visit: June 2019
InterContiHKFB, Manager at Harbourside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2019

Dear Karen L,

Thank you for your wonderful review following your recent visit to Harbourside. Reading your review is a real joy as it makes me proud my team. I was so pleased to learn that you had a great dining experience, and that my colleagues serving you left such a positive impression. I am also really happy to know that you found our food fabulous. I will take great pleasure in sharing your comments with the team both front of house and in the kitchen specially Alexis & Cyrus, who I know will be delighted to receive such complimentary feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Harbourside soon.

Reviewed May 21, 2019

Have had dinner buffet with family in May. There are variety of food available for us to choose from, with also the high quality.

The dinner was enjoyable with the nice and attentive service from supervisor Tony. Special thanks to Manager Alan and his team for such excellent services.

Must come again for dining with friends.

Date of visit: May 2019
1  Thank DrTUNG
InterContiHKFB, Manager at Harbourside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2019

Dear DrTUNG,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a generous review following your recent visit with us at Harbourside. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the overall experience and that you were impressed with the food as well as the attentive service you encountered from my colleagues.

I will take great pleasure in sharing your comments with the team both front of house and in the kitchen specially Tony & Alan , who I know will be delighted to receive such complimentary feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Harbourside very soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2019 via mobile

We were visiting HK from the US and decided to try their buffet. Their seafood were fresh and their lobsters were tasty and plentiful. The service was top notch as to be expected. Our server, Himson, were attentive. I would have given this a 5 star but with the buffet over $100 US per person, I would think that tea and coffee would have been included. I was surprised that ordering coffee and tea were extra. I've eaten in some of the best buffets like in LA and Vegas and unlimited drinks were included. It might be something the restaurant may reconsider.

Date of visit: April 2019
InterContiHKFB, Manager at Harbourside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2019

Dear Peter p,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your experience at Harbourside and I am really happy to know that you found our food and service fabulous. However, I am truly sorry to learn that you faced some disappointment regarding our pricing, since our Buffet offering includes one welcome drink as well as one selection of coffee or tea.

Please accept my apologies if there was a misunderstanding with our team. I would appreciate if you can share further details on the issue at hongkong@ihg.com. Please note that your patronage is extremely valued and appreciated and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to InterContinental Hong Kong shortly.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Friends and I came here to have a Sunday brunch and overall, the food here is great with varieties of choices from cold dishes, hot dishes to dessert. However, the environment doesn’t look like a 5-star hotel as the tables are packed together and old fashioned. To me, I think the restaurant would probably need to be renovated to a give a refreshed look and to maintain its top ranking in the city.

Date of visit: April 2019
InterContiHKFB, Manager at Harbourside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Dear mandyimlife,

Thank you very much for your patronage at Harbourside and providing valuable comments about your experience at the restaurant. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the great variety of food our buffet offers.Your feedback on the layout and design at Harbourside is well appreciated and you will be pleased to know that our hotel will undergo a major renovation, beginning 2020 and re-open in Q3 2021 period. Following an extensive refurbishment, InterContinental Hong Kong will become a Regent Hotel in Q3 2021. I do hope that on balance you will consider returning to Harbourside in the future.

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

Visited for sunday brunch. huge selection of sea food, service was very attentive they kept the champagne topped up, also fresh juices were excellent.

Dear patelv27,

Thank you for your great comments. I am very glad that you were so impressed by our service standard and our famous buffet at Harbourside.
We are deeply grateful for your compliments which were already shared with the team, it certainly will motivate us to aim higher still for our guests to make each experience a memorable one. We look forward to be of your service again very soon.

Executive Assistant Manager – Food & Beverage

Been to Harbourside Restaurant? Share your experiences!