“Big portions !”

Dan Ryan's Chicago Grill
Ranked #4,970 of 7,950 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Admiralty
Hong Kong, China
“Big portions !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

We ordered Potato skins, Baby back ribs, Chili con carne, Caesar salad with grilled chicken. The leaves in the salad were fresh and crisp and the grilled chicken was nicely done. My friends love the potato skins that were baked with lots of cheese topping and served with sour cream (overloaded with calories but heavenly, I was told !). The portions were all rather big and the three of us couldn't finish all we ordered. Service was adequate but not impressive.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank WhizzBlizz

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Sai Kung N.T., HONG KONG
“Predictable Windy City fare and food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

If you need some American comfort food in a Chicago surrounding, then this is the place for you. Yes, it has the obligatory vintage posters on the walls and the miniature train running along the ceiling. We ordered a slice of carrot cake that was huge and almost inedible: more frozen icing than cake.

Visited July 2012
“I expected a bit more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

As an expat living in Asia, I sometimes enjoy visiting western restaurants for a taste of home while traveling to other major Asian cities. I was hoping that Dan Ryan's would be a decent choice for a hamburger... unfortunately that was not so. My burger was pretty overcooked and the fries didn't wow me. I expected more.

I have to say that the service was good (except the unwashed bread plate) and the my colleague's opinion of the ribs was very complimentary.

• Visited August 2012
“Not as good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

The first time we went it was early in the day and the food was good and servers were attentive. Our second trip, we went about 9 p.m., we sent both meals back as they had obviously been cooked for some time and in an effort to heat them, they burnt them.

HK
“taste of home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

When I want straight up American fare, I come here. Generous portions. The pancakes are very good. Sometimes service can be a bit iffy, but most of the time its ok.

Visited July 2012