“Best service & quality I've ever seen”

The Verandah Restaurant(Tsim Sha Tsui)
Ranked #24 of 9,700 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Hong Kong's very first fine buffet concept, The Verandah now offers an expanded gastronomic offering in glorified new surrounds. Originally opened in 1933, variety, quality and a wealth of culinary styles are the signatures of The Verandah, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as an array of cakes and sandwiches in the afternoon.
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I was there with a few company staff for lunch buffet before Chinese New Year. Frankly speaking the number of choice was not that much but I can see that they've pay attention to their quality & detail.
I remember that I was asking for tabasco sauce, and a few very very small bottle sauce (new!) were sent to my desk, and they explained that they don't want customers to share, and would like customers to have chance using something that being used by others, this really impressed me.
Oysters were also offered during lunch period, so even it's a bit pricy I would say this worth the money, and overall their services maintained at a very high standard!

1  Thank EdwardWong

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Went there for a buffet dinner as a birthday celebration of a family member.
Food variety is wide, service is good, place is nice!

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I was hoping to get a nice lunch buffet as it's highly recommended by my friends; very nice and elegant environment is my first impression, but once I get to the buffet counter,
I was abit disappointed; I was hoping to see something more decent, but when I look around , the choice of food is just too normal and not even one plate could make me feel it's a high quality restaurant of Peninsula; service is good but food is too normal.

peninsula_phk, Director of Food and Beverage at The Verandah Restaurant(Tsim Sha Tsui), responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Dear Jessielim2002,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience in The Verandah, and we are very glad to hear you enjoyed the environment and the ambiance of the restaurant.

Regarding your comments about the food quality, I would truly be interested in hearing your thoughts in further detail. If your time allows, then I would be very happy to receive further feedback from you via my e-mail address or telephone as indicated below.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experiences,

Kevin Tsang
Director of Food and Beverage
Email: kevintsang@peninsula.com
Tel: +852 2696 6690

Reviewed February 27, 2014

we had a dinner in this restaurant last year. I was not surprised of the wonderful experience we had. It's Peninsula! The food offered were really sumptuous that we just enjoyed the night. This is one of the best place we have visited in Hong Kong. Compared to other restaurants that offer buffet, this is one of a kind. I can compare the level of service to a fine dining restaurant. Keep it up!

1  Thank theluxetraveler
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My family and I had the lunchtime buffet earlier this month. The food was amazing! I really enjoyed their cheese selection with the bread, the fresh fruits (especially the strawberries) and the desserts. They had these churros in the dessert section, and the waiter was kind enough to give us chocolate sauce since the buffet did not have any. The japanese section and the types of meat were great too. Definitely worth returning on my next trip.