“Anniversary lunch”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Hong Kong and the rest of the world has been wining and dining at Gaddi's for over 60 years; the first restaurant in the East to serve up exquisite European cuisine, with a dining room replete with opulent embellishments that constitute a restaurant of indisputable excellence.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Being located in the Peninsula Hotel you know the standard will be very high. The food is beautifully presented and of excellent quality, even if a little expensive. Service is first class. We had a four course set lunch, a special for Mothers Day which coincided with our wedding anniversary, and with two glasses of one of the cheaper wines the bill was just under HK$2000. Free parking for two hours, then HK$80 an hour! A bit steep considering what we had just paid for lunch.
This was my second visit to Gaddi's and I will be back.

1  Thank PCinHK

Reviewed March 10, 2014

This review is for Lunch Only.
1) Very classic and old school french cuisine in Hong Kong.
2) Very different from Robochon, Caprice or Amber.
3) Traditional 3 courses menu. 4 to choose from each categories.
4) Appetizers are outstanding, main dish is good but not exciting.
5) Cheese course is the standout. must order!
6) Service is impeccable!

3  Thank bestfoodintown365
Reviewed February 24, 2014

On a recent visit to Hong Kong, my friend invited me to lunch here. It was the very first time for me in such a fine restaurant. The menu was totally new to me and to my palate. The service was fantastic and not intrusive. Overall this was a great experience, and I would recommend it.

2  Thank Zhuxiu
Reviewed February 2, 2014

if you are expecting to have French cuisine.... do not go there, the food is very expensive and not worth the price you expect to pay for the quality of food served. we went there for Chinese New Year Day and i found it very surprising to have seats available without reservation, because everywhere else is fully booked, when we arrive the restaurant was half empty... so i suspected what is going on??

3  Thank claude t
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I should have visitied Gaddi's ages ago. Perhaps a dinner would be appropriate next?
Service was great and the HK$500+ set lunch price was great value when you consider what you have - either a four course set green and healthy menu or a three course (each with 4 choices) menu served with a glass of house wine.
I had the pasta with scallops and lobster foam as main which was delicately balanced and superbly presented.
My dessert was something extraordinary which sounded ordinary - chocolate mousse.
Petit four was lovely especially the dark chocolate with raspberry filling.

1  Thank David L

Been to Gaddi's? Share your experiences!