“Same menu over years”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Hong Kong and the rest of the world has been wining and dining at Gaddi's for over 60 years; the first restaurant in the East to serve up exquisite European cuisine, with a dining room replete with opulent embellishments that constitute a restaurant of indisputable excellence.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Enjoyed executive lunch at Gaddi’s in the past for its’ good service, ambience and fine cuisine. However, with recent increase in price for the same menu over years, and the down grade in service, we would not return in coming years. Waiters had no smile on their faces and rigid. A 5 star restaurant as Gaddi’s should treat customers decently and pleasantly the way it should be.

1  Thank GGHolliday
There are newer reviews for Gaddi's

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I love gorgeous, historical hotels even if it to just to wander their lobbies and dine in a fine restaurant. I wandered into Gaddi's at about 2:30 in the afternoon and there was only one table filled. I perused their menus and asked about reservations. They were completely sold out for lunch and dinner for the rest of the days of my visit. I wasn't particularly hungry but decided it was my only chance to dine in Gaddi"s. The decor, stunning huge bouquets of red roses, and flawless service make for nice memories. I only had the lobster bisque soup ($25) but it was accompanied by nice breads and petite pastries afterwards. It would have been a great place to dine if you arrive with a loved one and reservations! The head waiter from Corsica made me feel completely at ease dining alone - thank you!

1  Thank alicerabbit
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The meal was superb, the staff were warm and friendly, certainly not stuffy as I was led to believe.
The pianist was a nice touch too.
Rather expensive but cvertainly worth it.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Gaddi is a very famous fine dinning restaurant in Hong Kong. you must wear suitable dress code which for fine dinning or it will be awful. And also you must have good table manner. Of course the food is excellent not only on taste and also the presentation.

1  Thank jamyou
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Gaddis was our favourite restaurant in HK, we have been going there when in HK for the past 10 year, When we went on Friday 11th January we were surprised by how few diners were in there, we questioned this and the answer was they could concentrate on the diners with a better service,
Service has never been an issue in the past. it has always been excellent,
We also enquired whether David Woodbridge was still the head chef, we were advised that he had returned back to the UK,
The food served was very disappointing, We orders Scallops Tartar and one scallop was served , very thinly sliced the smell was very fishy and not at all pleasant,
our main course was poached chicken with a truffle sauce, I really questioned if the chicken was fully cooked and the sauce was tasteless,
we did complain and the complaint was handled well by the maître- de he cancelled half the cost of the food, but we would have preferred good food and no need for a complaint?
the cost was not cheap over £300 even though we only paid for 1/2 the food,
Overall a very disappointing night and we will not go back which is a real shame.

2  Thank john m