“Whoa has this place deteriorated!”
Review of The Peak Lookout

The Peak Lookout
Ranked #492 of 8,958 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Situated above the city overlooking Pokfulam Country Park and the South China Sea, The Peak Lookout is a Hong Kong landmark with unique character. The restaurant, having served generations of patrons including both locals and visitors, offers fine food within an elegant heritage house seeped in rich history. This Grade II historic building, typifying 'East meets West' architecture, first began offering light refreshments in 1947 and continues to serve a wide range of international dishes of exceptional quality. The Peak Lookout recently reopened its doors following a stylish redesign, which includes the introduction of a contemporary raised terrace, ensuring a relaxed ambience ideal for al fresco dining. The restaurant's stunning location and natural surroundings means it offers guests a different experience each visit, depending on the time of year.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I used to enjoy a nice Sunday afternoon at Peak Lookout.
The atmosphere was nice and the service was really good.

My most recent visit gave me a whole new perspective.
Rude waiters.
Bad service.
The seafood platter was half the size it used to be. Some of the seafood that did appear was still frozen. The other part was just tasteless.
The prices are ridiculous for what you get.
My Peak recommendation used to be Peak Lookout but would now definitely recommend Cafe Deco.....
Stay clear of this establishment!

1  Thank Darehk
There are newer reviews for The Peak Lookout

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The restaurant is near the Peak Galleria, with beautifully decorated outlook. The atmosphere is excellent, they intentionally turn the light darker so as to create romantic and relax mood, I had a bit trouble looking at the words on the menu at first, but after getting used to the brightness I really felt good. The tables set a bit too close to each other, I could clearly hear the conversation by people sitting next table, and the lady sitting behind my table coughed a lot. I will probably choose to sit outdoor if it's not in winter.

The food is good, with the choice of international food such as Western cuisine, Indian dish and Japanese food. I like most of the food served, and my parent enjoyed them a lot too. Particularly, I have to say I love the cocktail named 'The Peak Lookout', around 108HKD but totally worth the price and I will have it again when I come next time!

Visited Feb 2013

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We had booked this restaurant on-line back in England. We booked a taxi from our hotel for the short journey. However we got stuck in a traffic jam due to the fact that this was the Chinese New Year bank holiday and everywhere was busy. The journey took over an hour rather than the normal 20 minutes. We arrived just in time for our reservation and received a friendly greeting. We were shown to our table straight away. The restaurant was busy ( always a good sign I feel). The menu was varied with Asian and European dishes and there was a good wine list.
We enjoyed the food with two of us having a stir fry dish and two others having meat dishes. The service was very good and we enjoyed the busy ambiance that the restaurant had. We enjoyed our visit to the restaurant but not the one and half hour wait for a taxi to get back to our hotel.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Hong Kong has many excellent dining opportunities and I wanted to point out one that I especially enjoyed.

My first trip here was in November 2011 and I said that the next time back in Hong Kong that it was worth the trek up to the Peak and I would go again.

That "next time" happened in early February 2013. I was seated by the windows both times so as to enjoy the view and the atmosphere.

The service was very good, the food was excellent. The menu is diverse and I thoroughly enjoyed both of my visits to the Peak Lookout Cafe.

When you travel to Hong Kong if you can make the trip up the Peak fit into your schedule, I recommend it highly.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is the reincarnation of the former Peak Cafe-a very old HK institution,whose lease ran out around the handover in 1997.What was attractive before-the garden tables in the forest and the views over the Pok Fu Lam country park remain.The food is probably better but tries too hard to be all things to all people of all nationalities.Order simple dishes and drinks,and savour the tranquility,which is in contrast to the mayhem outside.Great for lunch and at sundown with the appropriate bug protection and clothing ,depending on the time of year.Inside is pleasant but not distinctive.Choose something on the terrace to capture the essence of the place,though it is definitely the superior dining option on the peak.My latest visits have been at the end of local hikes and for anyone I would recommend a lap of Lugard Rd before diving in here for a light meal and some wine.