“amazing experience!!!!!!”

Goccia Ristorante e Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: Cutting edge style and "dare to be different" attitude has established Goccia as a thriving restaurant that offers largest selection of Campaigns and sparkling wines by the glass, variety of DJ music and a fabulous Italian seafood menu by Italian Chef Fabrizio Napolitian.Goccia has an exciting & unconventional environment that is hip and unique at the bar level and inviting at the restaurant - upstairs and unusual feature on hong kong.I/F offers seafood-focused Italian fares. G/F offers extensive selection of Champagnes and sparkling wines by the glass and a variety of live DJ music.
Reviewed September 14, 2012

i had dinner in this incredible restaurant in the center of hk last week with my girlfriend.
we started with tuna tartare (mixed with crab and olive) that was breathless and then we had some Agnolotti alla Piemontese that actually melted in our mouth ....
i also had a very good tiramisu and of course some italian lemoncello!!!
perfect dinner, high level service, place to came back soon!!!!!
have a try!!!! there is also a nice open-air terrace on the back very nice and quite..;)

2  Thank the_doctorTorino
FabrizioNapolitanoHK, Chef Fabrizio at Goccia Ristorante e Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Our Terrace is nice isn’t? Italian people usually love to eat or drink outside. Delighted to read you had a good time with your girlfriend. Hope you’ll come for another romantic night soon and maybe we will serve you for Valentine’s day !?

There are newer reviews for Goccia Ristorante e Bar

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was very much looking forward to trying Goccia after hearing they served lovely food. The restaurant was well appointed and the menu looked good. However, the food can only carry to overall experience so far. What people remember is the service. Particularly if it was bad which is this case, it was.

They offer a pasta set menu and a pizza set menu. When the waiter arrived we were asked if we wanted the set menu and we said yes so we were taken upstairs. It turns out to eat the pizza set menu upstairs costs extra which made no sense. After speaking to the waiter for some time about this point, I could see the Maitre d' looking our way and listening to our conversation and to my shock, instead of coming over to try and resolve the situation, she turned and walked away!

To keep the peace I accepted to pay the extra to have the menu upstairs. Next incident, the set menu comes with a tea/coffee and I asked for a soft drink instead. The answer was a flat out 'No'. No sorry, this is not possible. Just no.

In fairness the food was decent but when the service does not stack up, you quickly forget about the food. Honestly, the entire experience left a bad taste in my mouth. I have never experienced such poor quality of service and the inability of staff to resolve customer issues was disappointing. I was telling a food writer friend of mine about my experience and she said she has heard the service was inconsistent. As for me, I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.

1  Thank Lychee-Caprioska
FabrizioNapolitanoHK, Manager at Goccia Ristorante e Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Lychee-Caprioska,

I read your post few times together with our staff: I believe there should be a misunderstanding.

We serve pizza set (simple starter + pizza) only downstairs because of its informal and carefree environment. On the other hand, at the first floor, more coziness and classy, we serve 2-3 courses set lunch with more options (pizza is also included but in smaller size). Guests can also order from a la carte. In short, the guests can choose between two different experiences depends on what kind of ambiance they like.

For people who pick the set menu, should already know there is limited choices at a fixed price; that’s why we call it a set menu. According to our server, she had actually suggested you iced-tea as an alternative immediately.

I truly hope you would visit us again in the future, can be either just having a pizza set downstairs or getting a fine meal upstairs.

Fabrizio Napolitano

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I love this place. The last time I went here, I ordered Linguine pasta with marjoram. It was perfect! I requested for a gluten-free pasta, which costs $20 HKD. This restaurant is something I would recommend for people who are allergic to gluten. You can eat scrumptious food without having to worry about the ingredients!

FabrizioNapolitanoHK, Owner at Goccia Ristorante e Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Hershey,

Thank you very much for your review. It's such an honor to hear us called "perfect." We try to create delicious meals that everyone can enjoy, so we really appreciate your kind words. Until next time, my friend!

Giacomo Pani

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Delicious luncheon entrees, pasta done to perfection, and excellent yet unobtrusive service.

Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Lucie120,

Thank you so much for your kind review! It's always such an honor to hear my food called "delicious." We're very glad you enjoyed yourself and look forward to seeing you again!

Best,
Fabrizio

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We found this restaurant near our hotel. It's close to Lang Kwai Fong area and we loved it! We mostly ate the pizza there (try the speck ham and brie, YUM), but did try a few other things on the menu. We actually went back four times because we couldn't get enough of the pizza! We also tried some of the pasta, the spaghetti with prawns was excellent. If you want real, authentic italian pizza, this is your place!

Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your review, Mike! Best pizza in HK -- that is a great compliment. We take a lot of pride in our authentic Italian fare, so it's an honor to hear you enjoyed the food so much that you came back several times! Thanks again for your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Fabrizio