“Pretty Good Restaurant!”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This place was great find while walking around Central Hong Kong. The food is pretty good -- definitely not the best Middle-Eastern restaurant I've ever had, but a fantastic change from Chinese food.

There are newer reviews for Habibi Cafe

Reviewed November 7, 2012

A brilliant vegetarian option in HK, which also does good meat dishes too (according to my fellow diners). Love the atmosphere and very attentive service.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great find of a little Middle Eastern flavor. Food tasty and authentic, service okay. A fun break for the palate.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Ate lunch at this tucked away restaurant in the Soho area of Hong Kong, very delightful staff and nice little restaurant. I was vegetarian on this particular day and hence a very good option, as they have a wide variety of vegetarian dishes to choose from. We started with a hot mezze which consisted of babaganoush, bossara, fatush, Moutabal, hallumi, tabbuleh and a host of others which were all delicious. For the main I had the Chowry...it was fantastic. Being a vegetarian I enjoyed the cjoice and the food. I was slightly dissapointed by the toilets, which I could not even step into as the stench was overpowering..The management needs to look into this area. Otherwise great location of Central, grab a bite and continue to your shopping. Also a good tip ask for the hot sauce or chilli sauce it is lip smackingly good..

Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

Fancied something different after 3 weeks in various places in Asia. We love Egyptian and Lebanese food so thought we would give this a try.

Staff were very uninterested in us despite us being the only people in there.

The hummus was nice but a really tiny portion. The felafel was a small portion aswell.

I had the lamb sharwarma which was ok. Definately not the best we have had.

My daughter had the couscous and veg in a sauce. It was a bit salty and too much cinnamon.

They tried to charge our credit card in £s and we had to tell them to charge it in HKD. We've see this before where restaurants try to make a bit of money off currency exchange.

They did not seem happy with us when we insisted they charge in HKD!!!!

Overall an average experience, and I wouldn't bother to eat there again.