“The price don't match view and rating”

SPOON by Alain Ducasse (InterContinental Hong Kong)
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: With its contemporary French cuisine and stunning harbour views, the 1-Michelin star and Forbes Travel Guide Five-star SPOON by Alain Ducasse is one of Hong Kong and Asia's most sought-after dining experiences. SPOON showcases a seductive menu and wine list --- all with French nuances inspired by world famous chef Alain Ducasse. Designed by Tony Chi, SPOON has a contemporary decor with subdued earth tones and stunning views of Hong Kong Island and Victoria Harbour. Of particular note is the ceiling, which is adorned with 550 hand-blown Murano mercury glass spoons. A unique blend of textures are incorporated into the decor with a rust-coloured leather Bar, modern French provencial chairs covered in eel skin fabric at the SPOON Bar and real mink cushions adorning the banquettes . Meanwhile, soft touches in the restaurant, including the uniforms and tabletops, reflect a style which perfectly personifies French elegance. The SPOON Private Dining Room offers an ideal setting for dinner parties for up to 14 guests. SPOON's exclusive Chef's Table, with its bird's eye view of the open kitchen in action, provides the ultimate in private dining for up to 6 guests --- with a tailor-made menu created and presented personally by SPOON Executive Chef Stephane Gortina. Open Tuesday - Sunday for dinner and on Sundays for lunch.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We have now been to SPOON twice, in February 2011 and February2012.
Both times for my birthday. I still don't know what I think, but we have now tried about 20dishes on the menu and price, finesse, ideas, service don't add up to the bill. After 7years in France do I dare to say I know French cuisine reasonable well and therefore do I dare to say that this resto needs to improve some major things. Said that, in Hong Kong it is among the top, however it still need to be French and serve elegant tasty french food. I will go back in February 2013, again, and I hope that the chef ha taken the comments he been given and made something French of it.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I dined at SPOON on our 25th anniversary. We had a nice window seat overlooking the harbour, and the restaurant was about 2/3 full. The bill came to ~$AUD450 which is way more than we'd normally pay but it was a special occassion. The food and wine were excellent and the service was superb. During conversation with the head waiter we remarked it was our anniversary. Later, when we couldn't decide between the deserts the waiter brought out a complementary tasting plate of deserts and this topped the dinner off perfectly. The box of treats they gave us on departure were greatly appreciated the next day and reminded us of how nice the evening was.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I've been to quite a few Michelin-starred restaurants, and this one misses the mark as far as food quality and value. The food simply doesn't have a "wow" factor - which I do expect from a restaurant with 2 Michelin stars. Service was good, but a bit frenetic for my taste. The tasting menu was disappointing - no memorable dishes. All in all, for U.S. $650 I expect a stellar meal. The exorbitantly priced wine list doesn't help. This may be more of a Hong Kong issue than a Spoon issue, btw.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

food wasnt too good, over priced and chef was snobbish....complaints were ignored because they said we should learn how to eat the right way

Reviewed August 27, 2012

like being taken to paris. place has great food, great service and authentic french desserts. they are very accommodating to people with dietary restrictions especially when told in advance!