“Peu faire mieux”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I wanted to try another french restaurant in HK and i went for this one. Location is good because it's in the heart of Soho but i was desapointed .
The food is OK but nothing special. The service is poor and globally i think it is overpriced.
I won't go there again.

1  Thank BabyCParis

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Over the last 4 years we have seen a change of personnel in this restaurant, from a meeter and greeter at the front door to encourage patronage which resulted in a bustling and active atmosphere to the present quieter and less busy feel.
The menu is typically French, with everything cooked expertly, the let down was the lack of desserts left on the menu, perhaps booking a table for 9 pm resulted in both lack of choice and quiet atmosphere. Grilled Fois Gras, Rack of Lamb were both delicious
The wine list is good and the Pinot Noir was excellent
We will certainly give it a try again on our next trip.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This cute restaurant was located in the hip area of SOHO. Didn't have a plan to dine here but luckily there was one table open for 1.30 hours. No problem, might as well give it a try. Service and ambience were okay but unfortunately the quality of the food were unpredictable. I decided to give their foie gras a try and it was good. My next course was onion soup and it was very plain. My husband ordered escargot and mussels, both tasted really standard. Really too bad, because with the top notch ingredients that readily available in HK, any food should taste good.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Restaurant located in a trendy area of Hong Kong. Food and service are good but the food could be so much better. The escargots were very tough but the oil and garlic sauce was very good. Onion soup was only mediocre. Don't think this restaurant worth a visit.

2  Thank davidlillian
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have been already many times at cafe de Paris and I have never been disappointed.
I think I have tried already the whole menu carte, and I have to say my highlights are for once; the scallops and Fois gras for starter. For Main course I usually order the Filet with sauce Béarnaise, and it’s always perfect! For dessert please order the tart au citron. Best dessert I ever had, simple but very delicious. All dishes are very creative, fresh, delicious and perfect presented. The service is really good. Unfortunately there are not a lot of tables and not all of them are comfortable and well situated. There is not much of space. Better reserve a table in advance and ask for a nice one in the corner. I am already looking forward to my next visit at the café de Paris.