“An Institution”

Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Central
“An Institution”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Made famous because of their HK milk tea sold in a little stall, they have expanded into a shophouse nearby. Its an institution in Central and a tourist magnet now. The famous tea is a slightly better cuppa compared to other char chan teng, and food is average. But if you are in Central area, its worth visiting just to get a feel of the vibe.

• Visited February 2013
3 Thank Webbywabbit

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
“Milk tea was refreshing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

It is a cha chaan teng cafe that is a tad smaller than the rest but still has a decent customer turnover rate. Ordered myself a cup of chilled nai cha which was so refreshing after the long walks around the area. Sweet success indeed!

• Visited December 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“less than average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I've been in HongKong 5 times, but this is the first time I stay in Soho area, and of course it's very convenient for me to have hot milk tea and the bun here as so many website says its one of the best places. for a person who love HongKOng milk tea like me( I drank it everyday every time I've stayed in HOngKOng, and I even brought home some black and white milk and the tea to make this milk tea, btw, I am selling tea and coffee drinks), I have to say this is one of the worst I've ever try in HongKong, the tea is thin, and they r not using black and white milk(the best milk to make this milk tea), and the price is kind of the more expensive than other milk tea places(one reason is they r very famous, I can see tourists queue up to buy their drinks, other reason is they located in Soho Hongkong, but pls Honolulu milk tea is very near by, Honolulu is not my best choice, but for sure, their milk tea is better than here), and the last thing is their service, well, I would never ever go there again even if they give me free drinks, pls note that I am used to self service and not very friendly in many traditional Hong Kong cheap restaurants since I travelled there many times, long days. Sorry for my poor english.

• Visited December 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Pretty Normal Cha Chaan Teng by HK standards”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

This place is a tourist destination by itself with a long history of establishment.
Its famous for its milk tea which is pleasant but I find sometimes it can be pretty strong, sometimes pretty weak.
The pork chop bun is easier to eat than other places. I had versions where the meat is too dry, bit overcooked and with no sauce which makes it hard to eat.
But I think its just normal bun with pork chop. Crispy bun with condensed milk is ordinary.

It can get pretty cramped, elbow to elbow.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Singaporeaninhk
Singapore
“Excellent milk tea and pork bun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

We visited this place twice in 3days short trip coz of its excellent milk tea.

location: easy to find... u wont miss it if u take the mid level escalator. it s on your right.

service: ok only... not rude but not excellent.

place: very small but clean! a place where u see locals will visit too.

food: good variety but too bad, we were too full and didnt try the specialty chicken onion on instand noodles. We tried pork bun, condense milk on butter bun and macoroni. All are nice. the best is pork bun amd milk tea!

price: reasonable