Courtyard Hong Kong
$351
$519
$459
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$476
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$526
$429
$266
$209
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Metropark Hotel Mongkok(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$313
$220
$210
Regalhotel.com
  • Restaurant
The Upper House(Hong Kong)
$637
$597
1,506 results
All reviewscourtyard marriottwater streetmomo cafethe executive loungehku mtr stationfree shuttletram stopconnaught roadharbour viewkennedy townsai ying punsheung wanairport expresshotel shuttlemacau ferry terminalcentral areacircle k
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were there for a seminar. The location was very convenient. Staff was extremely helpful with everything - getting a taxi, recommendations,etc. The rooms were clean. Bathroom clean and well equipped. We tried the breakfast and it was not bad either.
We had a deluxe city view room and we reserved a suite because we were 5 of us. They don't have space for a roll away bed in the normal rooms.
To our surprise, the suite's bathroom had no doors. It was all glass AND NO DOOR. So everyone staying in that room can HEAR AND SEE everything you are doing in the bathroom. The roll away bed was set up right next to the tub. So you feel like you are sleeping in the bathroom.
If you are not newly married or maybe even if you are - you will have to be extremely comfortable with the person you are staying with. We ended up getting three normal deluxe rooms for 5 people.
All in all, it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you take the suite, make sure you are comfortable with bathrooms without doors ! NO DOOR (not even glass)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Had a 2 night stay earlier this November - upon arriving HKG, we took the A21 bus and it arrived at the front door of the hotel! (Google Map Live-view will show you how close that bus stop really is)

I am traveling with my wife and a 3 years old toddler - overall travel is not bad, if you can avoid the morning/evening rush hour. If you are going to Central, going on the tram is your best bet (cheap but crowded) - try to avoid rush hours! Taxi is a little tricky to get - driver will only take you if you go far, not if you go to places that are close by (we had a stroller so we tried)

There are plenty of food choices in walking distances as well as shopping (what the heck you are in HK so no worry there)

Hotel staffs are extremely helpful and friendly, speak solid English. The breakfast buffet included for Marriott Gold @ MoMo Cafe is excellent...by far the best buffet breakfast I have had (even compare to Marriott/Hilton, Conrad, etc) - perhaps because I love the choices.

Do get the harbor view room!

Impressed with the executive lounge given it's a courtyard property. Would stay there again given the return on investment! Only down size is that the room is a little small, but hey - can't have everything!

Very contemporary and clean property, mostly Caucasian travelers we notice!

Room Tip: Get a harbour view room and a package that includes access to executive lounge!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Staying in Hong Kong is not cheap. The seafood hotel prices fluctuate wildly throughout the year and sometimes you can end up paying a premium for a really shabby hotel. However, as I have stayed in more than a dozen Hong Kong hotels, I can honestly tell you that Courtyard Marriot Hong Kong in Sheung Wan (More like Sai Wan) is actually quite relaxing and pretty good. It's really not that far from everything if you know how to take the simple electric tram which is just outside of the hotel on Des Voeux Rd West or make use of the shuttle bus to get to IFC and back to the hotel, as I have done so for my 3 days there. The airport double decker bus also stops right across the street from the hotel so its super convenient.

As for the room I was given I personally though it was excellent. Modern, comfortable, and super clean, and mostly, doesn't look worn out. I've stayed at Langham Place where the room felt so worn out, or Ibis where it's always dusty in the room. Nevertheless, if you love washrooms, you will live the washroom very much, the water pressure is excellent, amenities are complete and you also get a bath robe too. It is definitely better than most Courtyard Marriots around the world as I actually slept like a log for 3 nights, which I rarely do in most hotels. No noise coming from the corridors or doors slamming consistently over the night, as it seems like the majority of guests there are on business and not the rowdy tourist who loves holding parties in the corridors.
I had free wired and wifi internet in my room. Awesome speed!

As for the staff? I think they are extremely well trained. Whoever the manager is, he/she is doing a very very good job. Definitely up to Marriot quality, and at Intercontinental standards. Floria, who checked me in was super awesome and helpful as well as the other staff which helped with my luggage.

If you're looking for food and basic amenities, simply walk out of the hotel, turn left and head down to Des Voeux Rd W (which is like 5 seconds), then turn right on it... you'd find 2 convenience stores, couple restaurants, groceries, drug stores, banks etc. There is also a Mcdonalds close by. If you turn left, there is really nothing.

Overall I give this hotel a 9/10. Other than a bit far off the path, it's a great hotel to return to after a long day.

Room Tip: High floor, corner room, facing harbour. This is a non-smoking hotel, so if you smoke, prepare to down downstairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had been staying at this hotel for years, it started at HK$900, last time I book the gentleman on the phone told me I would get the corporate rate for HK$1030, but when I arrived at the hotel at midnight they said the rate was HK$3,030. I would never have booked this hotel for this rate. The only saving grace was the price, it is not near any transportation, not near the CBD, nor sightseeing of shopping. I just saw an interview with the CEO of Marriot talk about how the Courtyard brand was good rooms at a great price, well for US$400 you can stay at much better hotels in HK. I should have confirmed the booking but busienss travel being what it is, I just saw the that I received there email and did not inspect it. Having been staying there in HK 4-5 times a year for the past 5 years, I was surprised at the poor treatment from the staff and manager. They had me speak to the Customer Service in the US whose attitude was "Well what do you want us to do..." Obviously too late to go anywhere I got stuck with it. Marriot outside of the US is far too expensive for what you get.

Room Tip: For a good room stay at another hotel. Wan Chai or Central, or in Kowloon if you are there for sight seeing. For business it is not worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Biz G
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This hotel is a bit away from the main area where most tourists stay, but it is safe and only a 15 minute walk or 5 minute tram ride (2.30HKD) to the "main" part of Hong Kong. It felt at first a bit inconvenient but as I got to know the area, I realized it wasn't a big deal at all. The hotel felt more like a regular Marriott than a Courtyard by Marriott. Small fitness center (I didn't use it); lotion, shampoos, conditioner, body wash in bathrooms; adapters provided for US power cords; wifi and ethernet available in rooms. Executive Lounge on 6th floor had a good breakfast (bacon, potatoes, eggs, pastries, oatmeal, fruit, yogurt) and cocktail hour, neither of which was crowded. Service was good throughout. Starbucks and 7-11 around the corner. My room (#607) was large and faced an apartment building (meh); be sure to raise/lower BOTH window screens if you want blackout conditions and/or total privacy (the blackout window screen was VERY effective -- easy to oversleep!). A/C seemed very strong (I turned it off altogether). No tub but shower had "rain" faucet in ceiling as well as hand unit on wall. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Higher floors and rooms that face the harbor are probably better in terms of the view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business