“So addictive its unbelievable!”

Australia Dairy Company
Ranked #167 of 7,950 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese, Fast Food, Asian
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Jordan / Yau Ma Tei
Singapore, Singapore
“So addictive its unbelievable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

First time my sister brought me here telling me how great people have raved about this place, I had so much doubts. Even when the scrambled egg platter came, I belittled it and thought what was so great about this ordinary looking egg and toast, till I popped a small piece of egg into my mouth. Boom! It totally blew me away. This is what I call "WOW" factor! Never tasted such great tasting scrambled egg! Their chilled Milk Pudding is quite interesting and tasty too. Light to taste and refreshing (you must really like Milk to enjoy this). One down side would be their service and staffs' attitude. But I can't really be bothered about them - just get me my eggs! This is now my weekly favourite haunt! If the queue is too long, I simply order take away and I get my food in less than 5 mins!

P.S: you can't order takeaway for scrambled egg but you can order a Scrambled Egg Sandwich which is exactly the same taste and stuff you get. Just that if you eat in the restaurant, they separate every thing out on a platter.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Mission Viejo, California
“Di not understand the great reviews”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Long queue for breakfas time. Crowded space and you have to share a small table with other people. Nothing special about the food. Toast is just normal toast, bread is plain white bread with eggs your choice, . Macaroni soup with sliced ham. Milk tea or coffee
Service is fast very fast a bit aggressive,After we sat down, we only had 10 seconds to decide what we want before the staff came over and pressured us.
Very inexpensive, we tried but I do not think we will go back nor recommended
as they say been there done that not going back

Singapore
“Great & 'Fierce' Scrambled Eggs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

At first look, the queue is extremely long, however it only took 10-15mins for us to get a table. Totally amazed by the efficiency of the staffs (partly due to their fierce attitude). After we sat down, we only had 10 seconds to decide what we want before the staff came over and pressured us. We ordered eggs, toast, macaroni soup, steamed egg pudding and steamed milk pudding. Toast and macaroni was normal. Both puddings were really sweet (we ordered warm) and smooth. I can see why some people might like it, but personally I think the sweetness is too much for me. When my friends said that their scrambled eggs are a 'must-try', I was skeptical about it. You ask how good can eggs be? It IS absolutely yummy. Do take some time off from your itinerary to pay a visit. But be warned, they are not the friendliest people around. I saw a table of tourists being shouted at to leave quickly. Nonetheless, I would love to visit them again just for the eggs.

Malaysia
“Overrated and nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

Long queue during lunch time. Nothing special about the food. Toast is just normal toast with scrambled egg, which u can easily prepare at home. Macaroni soup with sliced ham is so salty. Milk tea is so so only. So what is the rave all about??

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank JollySheep
Sydney, Australia
“Don't Understand What The Raves Are All About”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stood in a 20plus people long queue on a rainy morning for about 15 minutes to get a seat in the Australian Dairy (AD) for their much raved about macaroni with ham strips broth, scrambled egg and toast breakfast along with HK style milk tea.
Like most "tea cafe" (cha chan tang) food shop in HongKong and Kowloon, the AD is a compact seating eating place indoor. By estimated it seats about 50-60 ppl when full.
Honestly I don't particularly find its "signature" items (scrambled egg and macaroni broth) particularly tasty at all, let alone to be raved about so much. The broth is on the salty side and lacks character while the scrambled egg is sufficiently fluffy it lacks the creamy texture. But AD does serve a pretty decent cup of HK style milk tea. Quite a good proportion of PoLeh in it.
In short it's a mass production "western breakfast" HK style.
Queue slow for, order quick, served quick, eat quick, pay-up and leave quick.

For me it's okay to try it once but I won't be back there in a "quick hurry".

I am intrigue about the story behind its name "Australian Dairy" ... why that???

Kewlmeister
Sydney Australia

• Visited May 2013

Been to Australia Dairy Company? Share your experiences!