All reviews personal light local neighborhood boutique hostel meet other travellers private safe awesome bed security box major tourist attractions mixed dorm shower gel and shampoo free toiletries felt like home dorm room bring earplugs public transport shared bathroom lounge area
Selected filters
Reviewed June 28, 2019 via mobile

Love the surroundings of this hostel, so many local eateries and local residents around here. Not a very commercial or touristy area like TST which is overcrowded or HK island which is expensive and cramped. There are many buses that connects u to everywhere u want to go to. Toilet is clean and spacious. Mixed dorm is smaller than expected but nicely furnished with wood finishing and even privacy blinds. Good hostel vibe as lounge area is comfy. Staff is very helpful and gave good suggestions and information :)

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 17, 2019

+ curtains to get some privacy
+ cleaniness
+ place for luggage in the room
+ comfy bed
+ friendly and helpful staff
+ locker for wealthy stuff
+ good wifi connection

- not so central, but the bus connections were really good
- key card for the room somehow didn't work out sometimes

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed May 20, 2019

I had a great time during my stay at the Mahjong hostel. Staffs were super friendly, offered lots of amenities: slippers, toothpaste, towel change, etc. The room I stayed in was everything that I needed -- there were curtains which gave us privacy, comfy pillow, and bedsheets. The lounge was quite nice, different people coming in and out, with free coffee and water available for us. And as far as the location goes, contrary to what some people may think, the location here is quaint and convenient. There's basically a bus to anywhere in HK in this area as well.

The only downside I think is that the mattress is a little too springy (I could feel the springs in the bed) and it hurt my back a little when I was sleeping on it for too long. (Upgrade the beds if you're reading this =)) ).

Overall, it was an amazing experience staying here and I don't think I have another reason to stay at another hostel beside this one in HK. Great job guys!!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2019

I love how clean the room is even though I am sharing with others. The pillow and blanket are so comfortable that I can really fall into deep sleep easily. The location is superb! Bus stops are just a few steps ahead. There are convenient stores and hong kong styles restaurant around the neighbourhood too. The staff are helpful and friendly and I will definitely come back again.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2019

Quaint location, corridor is a little squeezy so dont pack to heavy, good and friendly staff always willing to assis. I am not a massive fan of background noise which there is a bit of from the outside when your in your rooms bring ear plugs if its an issue for you, but overall great place would go again, I was only in HK for a few days so missed out on a lot of other things

Date of stay: February 2019