“Best and most unique dimsum to date”
Review of Ding Dim 1968

Ding Dim 1968
Ranked #51 of 9,285 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central
Description: For nearly half a century, Dimsum Master Chan has prepared delicious dimsum at the most prestigious kitchens in the city. With his extraordinary experience and passion, his journey will continue at Ding Dim, a place where you can enjoy the art of our renown traditional cuisine.
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I've had good dimsum often times in HK but dingdim offered one of most affordable and most unique dimsum to date. best dimsum i've had hands down. try the chau siur bao especially.

10  Thank hyundarang

Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Took a while to find this place that was featured in some magazine. We had tried their recommended items such as siew mai with quail egg, which was interesting. We were delighted with their spring roll with egg white. Yummy! And their soya bean milk tasted very fresh.

8  Thank Toh S
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We ordered delivery for 60 people for a sharing session. We were really happy with the prompt communication we had with Ding Dim, and they were really helpful in assisting us decide how much food to order. We had a bit too much food in the end, but the food quality is excellent. Definitely recommend if you are looking for Chinese dim sum catering for a crowd!

4  Thank Kay T
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I live less than 2mins away but only tried this place today - I was very surprised how good the dim sum I ordered was. As I went by myself, I only ordered the prawn dumplings (har gau), the BBQ pork buns and a "Phoenix Talons" and spare rib steamed rice.

I judge dim sum eateries by their har gau - this place did not disappoint. Three massive and very succulent har gau! I don't usually go for pork buns but based on the other reviews I chose this - delicious and not like the usual white flour/bread variety - this had a sugary baked/crisp layer. There are 3 per portion, only managed to eat one as the rice dish was very filling - I scraped every last grain of rice as it was so good.

One dish I always go for is the prawn "cheung fun" but couldn't find this or any 'cheung fun" on the menu. It may be there but I didn't see it. I also usually go for the black bean chicken feet but as I ordered the rice and buns I didn't choose it this time - I do love their description of it though - "Phoenix Talons"!

Overall delicious, great service and very affordable seeing that it's on Elgin Street (the end that connects to Hollywood Road and parallel to Aberdeen Street) - it's just up and opposite from Lee Ho Fook. It's a tiny place, only 4 tables which can seat 4 persons per table (you can reserve and they also do deliveries)

Would have given this place a 5 rating if there were one or two more Phoenix Talons with the rice dish and if I could find the cheung fun as these are 'must haves' for me when it comes to dim sum.
Being so close, 100% would return again and again!

8  Thank Mokkey8
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

My friend had recommended Ding Dim 1968. I was keen to try because there was bo proper authentic dimsum place near my home which is Soho. The shop was cozy with 4-5 tables. Humble and homely setting with friendly staff. I ordered signature hargao, baked chasiu bun, spring roll. They were all so good. Hands down the best dimsum I had in Hong Kong. None of those made in factories like other dimsum restos esp Maxim. We then went back several times and tried almost all dishes and they were all good. Except for the sauteed mushroom taro spring rolls.. I personally dislike fried taro!

Ding Dim is definitely the best affordable dimsum in the area. Notches better than Tim Ho Wan where too much traffic makes food quality go down and staff less attentive. Must go.

9  Thank mavenue1