“Good serivce/honest”
Review of JJ Hotel

JJ Hotel
Ranked #158 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed February 23, 2014

When I booked the room the hotel immediately emailed me to tell me that they didn't have non-smoking rooms and to see if I still wanted the room. Without getting deep into the details, we had a communication problem over email that was partially my fault and they ended up not canceling the room. I realized this after the cancellation deadline and emailed them to ask them to cancel the room at no charge. They were very apologetic and helpful, took responsibility, and removed the charge. Since the miscommunication was partially my fault they definitely could have charged me so I just wanted to say that I think this hotel is run by very honest people and I will absolutely consider this as one of my first choices of places to stay the next time I'm in Hong Kong. Thank you for working with me!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mrtwinkletoes1

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This was my third stay at the JJ Hotel. I always feel fortunate to find availability for my travel dates. This hotel is so good in giving exceptional value for the location, amenities and cleanliness. My stay this time was for thirteen nights and it was problem free. Free fast & reliable Wi -Fi, wonderful beds and bedding, toiletries & slippers. All this in the heart of Wan Chai! I know that you will not be able to find a hotel of this quality with all that it offers, at this budget price. My only qualm about writing this review is that it might make it more difficult to find availability on my next trip to HK.
Only nit-pick is the lack of English speaking channels on TV. Only Pearl and Australian Channel.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank geero
Reviewed February 6, 2014

After traveling for a few weeks in China on a budget, it was nice to come to a hotel that was warm and clean. With all the mod cons in the centre of the city and didn't break the bank.
Easy walk to Wan Chai MTR station. Easy walk to everywhere of interest. The staff were pleasant and helpful.

1  Thank Rod C
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed at JJ Hotel for a 4 day trip to HK in January. We were first attracted to this hotel by a value for money offer through Booking.com. The hotel is small (only 4 floors) but extremely clean and comfortable. A daily cleaning service is available, and the reception is helpful with any requests. The room was slightly small, then again most rooms in HK are - we found it perfect anyway seeing as we weren't in most of the time.

The location was very convenient as well - 5 mins walk to the MTR (Wan Chai Station). To get from the MTR to the hotel, take exit A3 and walk along Hennessy Road. There is a supermart at the basement of the building, and a 7-11 just down the street - super convenient for midnight snacks. There is also a bakery selling freshly baked breads/muffins/buns etc. every morning - perfect for a quick breakfast on the go. Otherwise, plenty of eateries/restaurants in the vicinity so you'll never g hungry.

The hotel has limited facilities (no breakfast/gym/pool etc.) but it's cheap rates, convenient location and comfortable environment more than make up for it.

I'm definitely staying at JJ again on my next trip to HK.

Room Tip: Avoid the 9th floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank StephyAlly
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The hotel occupies 4 floors of a building with offices and restaurants. The hotel is near a metro station which makes our wondering assy. Taxi from Airport Central train station was not too expensive, it is only 2 metro stations away but with luggage could be hustle.
We did not have breakfast, but there was a Mc nearby and we had standard western breakfast. The reception staff was friendly and helpful with our questions. We had a nice stay and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank magistros
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I'd actually say Good, rather than Average! Very clean, basic toiletries and bottled water provided. Room was surprisingly big, I was expecting a lot smaller. Positives of the hotel: Clean, air-con, safe (solo female traveler), great location, reception are ok with English, the luggage storage is very helpful especially when arriving prior to check-in. Negatives: Quite noisy, but I was so shattered at the end of each day, I think I passed out in bed anyway! Bed is very firm, but clean. Receptionist was quite strict on my 2pm check-in time and not a moment before! But overall, a great little hotel and I'd come back for sure.

1  Thank nadinebrown81
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Hotel is located on floor 9 to floor 12 of the Lucky Centre, a building which also hosts a karaoke bar (String Club) and a famous Hong Kong hot pot place (Meghan's Kitchen). Reception is located on 9th floor.

Hotel is good value for money and conveniently located in Wan Chai about 5-7mins from the metro station. Room is pretty large to HK standards and decently clean although the carpet could do with some cleaning. The bed mattress is very hard and bedsheets were clean and fairly new.

Overall, not bad at all. Room could do with some renovation and.or repainting but for the price, it's definitely good value for money and clean. Don't expect any services such as a concierge as there are none available.

Tips: Try to avoid Floor 9 as it is the noisiest of all the floors given the reception is located there. Also, I would stay away from room 901 and 902 in particular as 901 is facing the 3 elevators and 902 has a common wall with the reception so you will be hear every time a guest checks in...

Room Tip: Avoid 9th floor to the extent possible and if you have to stay on the 9th floor, avoid room 901 or 9...
1  Thank MontBlanc2013