“Fast Shanghai Style Dim Sum”

The Dining Room(Hysan Place)
Ranked #1,042 of 11,151 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Neighborhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed April 1, 2018

We decided to try the dining room again for dinner so we could use the 2 $50 vouchers we had received on our 1st visit. It was busy even though it was a weekday and after the early evening dining hours. The service was very fast. On the whole the dishes were good and a reasonable size for the prices. The deep fried pork chop was overcooked and the meat was dry with a soft wood texture! We received 2 more vouchers, so another trip is planned before they expire; but probably for lunch.

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

We had a very good diner for 3 people, with very original appetizers and main course for Shanghai kitchen
Very nice view, nice décoration , very reasonable prices
We recommend it absolutely

Reviewed January 12, 2018

i used to be impressed with Dining Room. But both the quality of food and service has declined dramatically. Visited this place twice this trip. The first visit was a disappointment. Then I thought I'd visit it again, ordering a wider repertoire of dishes. I was disappointment again. It was acceptable but just did not live up to the standards of my first visit. I don't think I will be visiting Dining Room again!

Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

We ate here one Sunday as there was no queue. Probably the wrong idea! The food came quickly but the wonton noodles I had were not al dente and pretty average. The pork chop was a let down. Next time I will go next door with the longer queue!

Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

All the Shanghainese favourites. Above par xiaolongbao, flavoursome soup and you can actually taste the crab cream. Grab a table by the window and watch the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong go by on the 12th floor.