“Pink dolphins!”

Tai O
Book In Advance
$133.27*
and up
Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus...
$133.27*
and up
Lantau Island And Giant Buddha Cable Car Group Tour With Hotel Pickup in Hong...
$136.22*
Lantau Island and Giant Buddha Day Trip from Hong Kong
Ranked #33 of 847 things to do in Hong Kong
More attraction details
Owner description: Lovely little fishing village with many shops and seafood. Take a boat ride for lovely scenery or take a walk up the mountain to see the White Chinese Dolhins swim.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I went to Tai O a few year back and really enjoyed myself. I did not know about if previously and cannot remember how my cousin and I came to go, but we enjoyed the market, beautiful sights and taking a boat out to see pink dolphins jump in the water. It was a relaxing, pleasant experience. It might have helped that we did not have any expectations but I liked the experience

1  Thank FulbrightSriLanka

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I read a lot about this place, even saw a TV report about it and therefore was expecting a lot.
Well, i was disappointed. I went there from Big Buddha by bus which worked perfectly. But arriving there, i strolled around a bit and i was pretty much done after half an hour. The market and Street cooking was okay but when walking a bit away from the touristic places, i found very old and shabby houses, lots of dirt and poor homes. Remembered me a bit of the townships i saw in South Africa.
It was okay with the total journey i made that day as it showed me a different picture of Hongkong, but if you expect something spectacular or traditional you might be disappointed.
Be careful of the fishing boat tours they offer. Most of them are without insurance.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I'd love to go back one day. The village is small and beautiful, river going through makes it feel almost like Venice. I have to say, I think this is my favorite part of the trip so far. It feels authentic and real- unlike the Big Buddha. Hell, you don't even have to pay for anything. Just walk around, the locals are friendly, out playing Mahjong and card games. Food is great, restaurants are fun... highly recommend! Easy bus access too, from the Big Buddha.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Tai O has to be my favourite place in Hong Kong, on my first visit here many years ago I was lucky enough to stay here. Although it is slowly becoming more modern it still has plenty of old charm left This visit we found a little cafe on the island itself called the Solo cafe, nice people there

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went there as part of the Lantau Island half day tour which started with a cable car ride to the giant Buddah, then on to the monastry and ending up at Tai O brfore catching the ferry back to central pier Hong Kong Island.