“Good quality at a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cocotte

Cocotte
Ranked #515 of 7,917 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Sheung Wan
“Good quality at a reasonable price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

French little restaurant I wanted to try since it opened, and we were quite happy with our experience.

My Steak Tartare was delicious even though the creamy spinach I had as side were a bit too salty.

The salmon trio, the hamburger and the fillet were all good too.
It's worth a try: good food and wine list, honest bill.

Service was nice and friendly, and the restaurant itself is well decorated.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Maria Grazia M

Chicago, Illinois
“Mixed reviews...excellent sallops & fries; wagyu disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

Cocotte is a small restaurant on a cute and quaint street in Central Hong Kong...atmosphere is excellent if you don't mind feeling like you are sitting inches from a stranger (very posh and energetic). The server was quite friendly although I wish a bit more in terms of recommendations and wine pairings based on the meal.

The food was mixed...some great and some disappointing. Specifically, the scallop appetizer was a highlight (perfectly seared and paired beautifully with snap peas and morels); the french fries were my husband's favorite as they were perfectly crunchy with great flavor. The caprese salad was also quite good with strawberries added to give it a bit of additional sweetness. The big disappointment was in the Wagyu (main course) which is why the rating isn't as strong. For the cost and the quality of the other items, that was a huge disappointment without the fat properly rendered (large pieces of chewy fat), not a good sear (nice grill marks but no crunch), cooked med-rare generously when we asked for medium and just really lacked the flavor and melt-in-your-mouth attribute that I have come to expect out of such a fine cut of meat.

• Visited August 2014
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

i struggle to say something negative about our dinner at Cocotte - it was superb.

For entree I had the steak tartare which was excellent and my wife has the scallops which she thoroughly enjoyed, but the outstanding dish for both of us was the main course - we shared the Dover Sole.. amazing, it just melted in our mouths, If i wasnt keen to try dessert i would have ordered another one, i just loved it so much

And speaking of desserts we had the mixed berries, and the Valrhora chocolate both of which were delightful.

The service was excellent and the atmosphere buzzy, it certainly wasnt cheap but definitely value for money - we will be back again in the near future!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Chris H
Hong Kong, China
“Happy food in sheung wan”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Awesome restaurant, I've been several times and was each time pleased and happy ! I like the the elegant decoration and the warm atmosphere. But most of all the french cuisine is just perfectly execute , freshly made, you can just smell it , feel it , I love all the starters , especially the scallops or the buffalo and tomatoes and the sharing main courses my favorite is the sole , my meal has always been perfect with one of their dessert.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Gillian A
Bangkok, Thailand
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Possibly one of the best Dover soles I have had in Hong Kong. The Tartar is also amazing. Service was attentive however there is still room for progress and improvement. Cozy environment and overall a great selection-choice on the menu. Feel of an upmarket European Bistro.Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014