“Room is Quite spacious and location is central of Mongkok.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Acesite Hotel

Acesite Hotel
and 1 more site!
Acesite Hotel
Ranked #386 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Room is Quite spacious and location is central of Mongkok.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

I have a pleasant stay and could recommend to my friends if they decide to visit hongkong

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Hougang

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2010

We booked a Twin room for 3 nights. Wasn’t great but was better than we expected!! It felt like we were in a residential building..we were on the fifth floor and there was only 2 rooms on that floor…which is not a bad thing. The rooms seems like they’ve recently been renovated and the building seems quite new.
The rooms were very spacious according to HK standards. I stayed at the Dorsett Seaview last time I was in HK and the room could only fit the double bed and nothing else! So we expected a VERY cramped room but to our surprise it was VERY spacious!! It was a weird Triangular shaped room, it has a lounge/sitting area where you can watch TV (sort of like a mini lounge area) as well as a desk area where you can write letters..i guess…!!
The bathroom was really tiny though and our toilet LEAKED! It was leaking like a running tap – no jokes! We had to call a few times before someone actually came up to have a look!! Then fixed it but it happened after the night after…so they’ve got a plumbing issue at the building as I have read a few other reviews that had the same thing happen. Also, there is no hairdryer!
The location is EXCELLENT! It’s located a few meters down from the Stanford Hotel. It’s very close to the ladies market and the main shopping strips of Mongkok.
Overall, I was quite impressed..if only the toilet didn’t stuff up! It would’ve been perfect!!
I would definitely recommend this to someone who is looking for a hotel that is quite central to all the shopping spots and don’t wanna be squished into a little tiny room!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank meo0owchi
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2010

I have been to HK a few times but never had to stay in a hotel. This trip I stayed in a three different hotels and i stayed at this hotel the longest - for 6 days.

I was with my cousins and we were desperate for a hotel because our plans changed, so didn't pre-book any when we were in Toronto. And so happens that it was around the time of a technology convention so many hotels were very expensive at walk-in rate for a room large enough for three. Acesite was practically half price and the room was huge (compare to any typical HK rooms)!

Location: Very convenient.
- from TST, taxi was only around $30HKD. from LFK, taxi was only around $100HKD (good to know if you are planning on major partying)
- 10-15 mins walk from Mongkok station, without the crowds it would be closer to 10 mins
- TONS of restaurants around and open until pretty late
- even late at night the surrounding streets were filled with people

Room/Hotel: Not clean but very roomy
- the hotel is a renovated resident building, my floor had only two rooms so it was really peaceful
- there's a 24hr 'security' at ground floor, not sure how dependable they are but better than nothing
- room is huge, fit three beds with PLENTY of walking space
- not totally clean, there was alot hair left on the dressing table/seat, stains on some of the bed covers and carpet but on the beds they were mainly cigarette/coffee stains which meant they weren't new not that they weren't sleepable clean
- decor was lacking
- bed was hard even when comparing to other asian hotels, but still sleepable

Service: You need to be the proactive one.
- room service was below average but concierge service was good
- you need to visit or call the concierge for anything you need (proactive) but they are very nice about giving the things

All in all, if you are like us just need a place to spend the night and hold your luggage and rather spend the $$$ on other things, this is the place!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TdotMissy
sydney, australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

This hotel is what you would expect by "no frills", dont expect any service. The rooms were ok clean, the toilet was weird, when you flush the colour of the water isnt very pleasant, i think it uses recycled water. Also the towels had stains on them, so i recommend you bring your own. The toiletries were like sample pack sizes and i recommend to bring your own too.

The hotel only has 2 rooms on each level and i stayed in the double room...which was quite reasonable sized compared to most other hotels. But i was quite annoyed by the air cond being right on top of the bed which made it uncomfortable to sleep with the air blowing. the room consisted of a tv, wardrobe, two chairs and a desk with tea and coffee and kettle, fridge and one side table.

My friends stayed in the triple room which was more than double the size of the double room, with a couch placed in front of the tv....the space was more comfortable in that room, but im not in HK to stay in the hotel so it wasnt really my major concern.

The location is very good, its right next to the Stanford Hotel, and about 10mins walking to MTR, and 5mins walking to the KCR.

Around the corner is ladies market and the main shopping area in Mongkok with a lot of good and cheap places to eat

I would stay here again if i cant find a budget hotel around the area.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2008

I booked a triple sharing which comes with a double bed plus a single bed from 19/3 till 22/3. Very happy with the arrangement. The check in was fast HOWEVER
* when we check there is only 2 set of toiletries and towel, we called the reception. He said will arrange to bring up, but until the day we checked out the hotel.. i still DID NOT receive anything from them.
* our room was not clean and bed not done as well as toiletries not replenished for the 3 nite stay. only to find from the note ( hidden) if we want them to do the room, please inform them!
* Reception not very helpful, we were locked out of the room, the censor of the lock was not fully charged, couldn't read the card.

I doubt i will go back to this hotel, for my last 10 trip to HK for the past 1 year, this is the only hotel which disappointed me. Booked them becos it's easter, most hotel was fully booked.

• Liked — location.
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank hsterica

Travelers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2007

As the title suggest, this is a no frills, simple, basic hotel. In fact, it's a commercial building turned hotel. When you are the footstep of the building, it resembles a typical old HK style office building lobby. To get to the hotel reception, you have to take the lift to next level.

Pros:
1. Location is great for shopping in Mongkok area. Just a street away from the famous streets like Ladies Market and Fa Yuen Street. However, you'll have to walk about 5-8 minutes to the nearest MTR exit.

2. Plenty of local food stalls around. 7-11 is just few steps away.

3. Surprisingly, the street in front of the hotel is not that noisy, despite being in a busy district. However, I do hear light echos of the KCR train. Still, it's not big issue.

4. The hotel is relatively new so the interiors are acceptable (I can be quite fussy person).

5. Local phone calls made in the room are free.

Cons:
The website ([--]) states that it is 3 star (not by international standards). Personally, I'd rate it only 1.5 star if not for the fact that it's a new property. I must say the management has done a great job with their hotel website (www.acesitehotel.com).

1. Don't expect any form of service here. I was struggling with a big luggage at the reception entrance and no one bothered to come forward to help (there were at least 3 staff at the counter). My flight was late evening so I had to leave the luggage in the office. I had to wheel the luggage into the office myself!

2. Room amenities are basic to the core. Bathroom amenities are in sachets (shampoo and body gel only). Better to bring your own if you don't have the habit. Thank goodness there was toothbrush. There is no safebox in the room.

3. The drainage system for the bathtub is poor. It will not flood the bathroom, for sure, but it takes a while for the water to be drained away. Just be careful not to slip and fall in the tub!

4. No cable tv. Just the basic 4 free channels in HK.

5. Mini fridge is provided but empty. Not big issue since it's cheaper to buy from 7-11 than to consume those provided by hotel.

6. If your mode of transport from the airport is Airport Express, there is no free airport shuttle to Mongkok area (unlike that of Tsim Sha Tsui area). The cab from Kowloon Airport Express to the hotel cost me HK$51 (heavy traffic) and the return trip was about HK$40. Had the hotel cost me anything more than HK$700, I'd rather stay in TST area and save up on the cab fare.

Acesite is more of a budget hotel. At the price of HK$580, even my local HK friend commented it's slightly expensive. Personally, I will only return to the hotel if I'm traveling alone and on tight budget (HK hotels are not cheap). My first choice will still be TST area.

Perhaps if the website had not placed it as 3-star hotel, my expectations would have been lower too. :)

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank gund