“Nice view”

L'hotel Nina et Convention Centre
Ranked #133 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Nice view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel at the first place is because the price of a 3* hotel for it is graded as 5* in Hong Kong... You can not really find any hotel so cheap during December period.
I was given 60th floor room when I checked in, was asked to pay a deposit if I am going to use the wifi in the room. When I went into the room trying to use the wifi, I couldn't connect any.., after checking with the reception, then they told me there isn't any wifi in the room. Then why must they collect deposit from me when there isn't wifi in the room.
When my boy went into the bathroom to take his shower, the bathroom will get flooded each time after shower.. After complaining to the reception, they offer me another room in the middle of the night where my son who was down with gastric flu was asleep.. So they offer me the next day morning to change my room.
The next morning, they "upgraded" my room to level 73 with full sea view. The room was a definite "WOW", with 2 Queen size bed and an extra bed, a walkin wardrobe, a huge bathroom, and ample of walking space in the room. When my relative of 7 visited us in the room, together with the 4 of us, we still have plenty of space to walk around the room.
The lift bringing to your room, is like rocket sending you off to the space. Very fast...
Overall for this hotel: good... Big room
Will try again if I go to Hong Kong again next time.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

We booked a standard room in tower 1 but was really surprised when we were given a corner room family suite in tower 2 at the 47th floor. Upon seeing the room, we were so amazed how big the room was by hongkong standards. The room had ceiling to floor windows, and we were given a harbour view. It was breathtaking & our kids can't stop saying wow! We had king size bed& they provided an extra bed with no extra charge. There's a 42" lcd tv, desk, mini fridge, safe. We had a table with 4chairs & a sofa that overlooks the harbour.

The bathroom is really huge! It had a separate shower area, tub, toilet & vanity. The shower area is a see-through glass that can be seen in the room but covered with a shower curtain.

They have an outdoor pool & a heated indoor pool but we were not able to use it.

The hotel is very near the MTR, around 5min walk. Going to the Tsuen Wan West station, you'll pass through the Tsuen Wan park that has a playground. So having kids walk to the MTR was not a problem. The park is very big that you can do exercise or even just visit it to relax. Below the hotel is a mall & there are several malls near the hotel.

If I come back to hongkong, I'll definitely book this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Debuddy
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

The taxi from the airport cost us $300, I’d strongly suggest you take the train! Check in was fast and the reception spoke fluent English.

The room was HUGE with a view over the harbor and backing mountains. We were on the 38th floor, room 11 with a queen bed, clean bathroom, study/office area couch, safe and mini bar. The room was very well lit with natural night from all the full length glass windows.

There is a very well equipped gym that wasn’t being used either time I was there. Olympic sized pool and an indoor pool, heated!

The only down side is there’s no Wi-Fi in the rooms, you have to be sitting in one corner of the lobby to get good reception...when you get there you’ll know where!

Room Tip: Higher, Higher, Higher! Ask for an upper floor for better views!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MRyanPhotography
London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've stayed here before and written a review previously. The hotel is as it was before, huge and busy. I asked for a room in the High Tower which I got. When I got to the room on the 73rd floor I was gobsmacked. It was sooooo amazing. Bearing in mind I was staying over New Years Eve I couldn't believe my luck having such a view over Victoria Harbour. The room was huge with wooden floors, a dining table for four and the most massive bathroom with the most cool bath and shower. It was a corner room with floor to ceiling windows across the whole space. I think it was called an Agua Suite. It was great. the hotel isn't on HK island but I like having that slight distance from the madness. It's a 20 minute metro ride into town so no big deal. This place is great if you want 5 star at a budget price. Highly recommended.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tajine
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed on the 71st floor and the views were amazing. The rooms were upscaled too for the price. No wifi in the room though, only in the lobby. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Macau
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We planned to do a 2 day visit to Disneyland Hong Kong but the hotels there were full. Our travel agent recommend this hotel which is 30 min away Disneyland by MTR. The rooms were big compared to hotels in Mong Kok and Tsim Sha Tsui. We were in 2 connecting rooms at 20th floor. Found out that you cannot have 2 connecting rooms with 2 queen beds; connecting rooms are only available for 1 king bed room + 2 queen beds room. Our rooms have a stunning sea view.

Rooms are clean but not too grant, with wooden floors (in which I find weird because I always stay in rooms with carpet floor). Location is convenient - 5 min from MTR station, there is a big Jusco supermarket and 3 shopping centres nearby.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room and rooms are starting from 14th floor and above.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Gemjewell
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Hotel Nina is in the New Territories about 30 minutes from the Hong Kong Airport. It is easy to book the shuttle to/from the airport. The buffet in the restaurant is amazing for dinner. There is lots of shopping in the nearby malls, local markets, and easy access to the MTR if you want to head to Kowloon or Hong Kong center. Recent reno on the seawall walkway nearby is worth a stroll. Even a Starbucks in the mall 10 minute walk away. Sometimes they upgrade you to a wonderful corner view.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the harbor have the best views and sun.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo