**DO NOT BELIEVE THOSE NEGATIVE REVIEWS regarding COSMIC GUESTHOUSE**
DW (Dear Wife) decided to choose COSMIC GUESTHOUSE located in Mirador Mansion (located at Nathan Road) due to the following reasons:
1. value for money
Even though I was a bit skeptical of this place due to the negative comments that I've read since we (me, DW & DS - Dear Son) were first timers to travel to Hong Kong for a vacation as a family & they were strongly recommending this certain place specially for first timers to Hong Kong like us but we still followed our instinct & decided to go through in staying on this place on August 2013. We didn't set our expectations high so as not to be disappointed. I was glad we decided to stay at this place since everything was convenient, it's near the MTR station (Tsim Sha Tsui station Exit D1 which goes directly through Carnavon Road), 7-11 convenient store, Cafe De Coral (Hong Kong's Top Fastfood Chain which is just a few steps away) McDonalds, KFC, Yoshinoya, Burger King, Hui Lau Shan (Hong Kong's top dessert chain which specializes on Mango based desserts), etc. It's also near to shopping malls which carries US, Asian & European branded items. CityFlyer Airport Bus Stop (both for A21 & N21) is also located across the street from Mirador Mansion. The building is a bit old but there are 3 sets of 1-pair of elevators working to service each floor (1 for odd numbered floors & 1 for even numbered floors) & strategically spread on the ground floor. The said building is also safe & secure due to the presence of the numerous security personnels & cameras located strategically. There were no touts on the ground floor or the weird (as other people described it) scents due to the curry based foods compared to the other building complex. There are also store outlets on the ground floor which sells Hong Kong souvenir items such as keychains (3 for $100 HKD), T-shirts (5 for $100 HKD). Refrigerator Magnets (11 for $100 HKD), etc. Jenny's Bakery (Hong Kong's counterpart for Macau's Koi Kei Bakery in terms of almond nut cookies) is also located on the ground floor which sells the best almond nut cookies at $65 HKD (small can). Guest House reception office is located on the 12th floor of the building & it's the only guest house occupying the said floor unlike the other floors within the building or other building complexes wherein there are a number of hostel/ guesthouse establishments occupying a certain floor which makes it a bit chaotic. ROOM RATES are reasonable & the CHEAPEST/ LOWEST compared to the other guesthouses located within the building in other floors or to those located in other building complexes. Reception is only open from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM but they are willing to wait for their guests even at the wee hours of the morning but prior arrangements must be made either through email or phone. There's also a doorbell located at the reception door for urgent concerns. The rooms are clean & so was the bathroom which was spotlessly clean (still wondering why other people claims the opposite). Towels, liquid soap, shampoo, pillows, rubber slippers, plastic cup & comforter were provided. Hot & cold water in the bathroom are available 24 hours a day. Cable TV is not available. FREE HOT WATER (for your coffee, instant noodles, oatmeal, etc) is also available 24 hours a day. No free breakfast since payment ONLY covers for room accommodation. Additional payment will be charge if persons staying in the room exceeds the maximum number of occupants regardless of age of the said extra occupant. Air conditioning unit is fully functional. Reception personels were accommodating, polite, perky & courteous (was wondering why some people claims that they were yelled upon). Customer service at its finest. They also sell attraction entrance tickets (Disneyland, Ocean Park, Ngong Ping, Peak Tram, Madame Trussard's, Water Jet tickets for Macau, etc.) at a DISCOUNTED RATE unlike some travel services which ONLY sells attraction ticket entrance VOUCHERS only wherein you still have to line up upon arriving at the place for it to be replaced with the REAL entrance tickets. They also sell Coca-Cola soda products in cans & 500 ml bottled mineral water for $5 HKD each. Communication through email with JEREMY LEE, the contact person was fast, easy & efficient. Deposit payments was easy & convenient since you have the option to pay either through credit card, online bank deposit, money transfer or paypal. There were no sugar coating or positive scripting that was use in describing their rooms. They also set your expectations with regards to the service that they provide, the accomodation & items that will be provided upon arrival. Full payment in CASH only basis is to be done upon arrival at the guest house less the room deposit paid as reservation. Check their website: www.cosmicguesthouse.com for the updated room rates. They are not tied up with any booking websites. There will also be a $100 HKD additional payment which will serve as a DEPOSIT for the room key & subject for refund upon checkout. Check out was also quick & easy. You will have to coordinate with the reception the night before if you plan to check out early in the morning so that you can claim you're $100 HKD key deposit. They also have a weighing scale (with a margin of error only 3% compared to the airline weighing scale) where you can check your luggage before proceeding to the airport. We HIGHLY RECOMMENDED this place not only for families like us but for other people who needs a place to stay in Hong Kong either for business or holiday. Final conclusion: We had a pleasant stay at COSMIC GUESTHOUSE & will stay again if we are back in Hong Kong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are FULLY LICENSED guest house that meet every strict safety standards demanded by the government. We do not operate any illegal "shadow" guest houses rooms under a licensed guest house like many others do. Every room in Cosmic is licensed with government issuing sticker labeled on the door. Stay safe, stay with a licensed guest house. And in case you don't already know, we are the single entity owning the most licensed rooms in Mirador Mansion building. Convenient, convenient, convenient. No guest house has better location than we do. We are on top of the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR Subway Station. Our building is surrounded with 3 subway exits. We are named as the Best Hong Kong Hostel by Rory Boland on About_com. "Every bit as stellar as the name suggests, including rooms which feature direct phones, color TV and fantastically, free Wifi. Rooms, while small, are a cut above the white walled Hong Kong average, with some small splashes of Ikea design thrown in." Cleanliness, Safety are our first priority at Cosmic Guest House. The rooms are professionally maintained to guarantee utmost customer satisfaction. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Cosmic Guest House Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cosmic Guest House Hotel Hong Kong
- Cosmic Guest House Hong Kong