“Teirrible Hotel !!”

Ranked #461 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Teirrible Hotel !!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for three nights. It was a nightmare! To begin with, this is not a proper hotel per se. It is one of the wings of a huge private condominium. The corridor has no aircon. The rooms have no carpet and no wallpaper. The hotel is the hive of mainland China budget tourist. They are loud and rowdy. Every night from 7:30pm ~ 9:30pm. The hotel exercise traffic control. You must queue for 10~15 minutes to get into the lift in order to go back to your room. If you don't mind squeezing with a few hundreds of mainland China budget tourist, it is probably okay to stay here. The only thing that impressed me is the water pressure in the bath room. Apart from this, nothing else. I don't know why most of the other commentators say this hotel is okay!??

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank 56Mimosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My mom and I stayed here for 3 nights. The room is terribly small with very decent amenities. you will definitely bump other person in the room when you walk. The lift is often full with Chinese from mainland and they often yell when talking. They do not torture you only this but they will try to squeeze in when getting on the lift. No matter whether they lift is already fully loaded. what happened with us who are already in the car feel terribly choked and must bear with their high volume of voice. Such no manner. No free Wifi in the room. If you leave your baggage at the concierge, you will have to pay. If you leave in the morning and come back tomorrow, they will charge HKD 10 X 2 days X number of baggage you will store. The hotel is far from MTR but there is a small bus that will take you to MTR stations 88F Tsing Yi MTR and 88 G to Kwai Fong MTR. Each costs HKD 3.4 to 3.6. So do not use small bus provided by the hotel that will cost you HKD 8. The other bad thing is that the view of the hotel. You will be amazed that you will see big container ships loading and unloading all the times...no typical Hong Kong high rise buildings or nice shopping centers but yes you will see big containers piling up in front of you!! Enjoy it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank tamawidjaja

Travelers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My experience with this hotel is a bit singular since I stayed there for 6 weeks in summer!
That's 2 pains in one.l
Like I said in the title, Rambler Garden (and Rambler Oasis) are decent, quite cheap options for short stays in HK. It's at the middle of nowhere so people have to be ready to take minibus either to Tsing Yi MTR (Maritime Square Mall) or to Kwai Fong, from where all parts of HK can be reached by MTR and/or bus.
I can't say about the price because my company paid for me.
The staff is, well, budget HK style. Meaning that if you ask sth they know, you will get it, but if you ask sth they don't expect, be prepared to get frustrated, no matter what their goodwill is.
I had a room at top floor with king size bed and the view on container terminal, which was good, except for the continuous noise at night (it takes few days to get used ...). and
The bed was very comfortable actually. The bathroom is clean and bright; the only drawback is no shaver plug (HK ridiculous safety measures ...).
I had a mini mini closet over a mini table (with free Internet), which didn't allow me to open my baggages for 6 weeks.
Now why horror for long stay? First, taking the lift every morning down to ground floor was a daily nightmare. The hotel was full of mainland tourists (800 rooms if I remember ...).
It was so impossible that the hotel ended up appointing sb to manage the lift stops.
Not only are these tourists very noisy and rude, but they ignore everything outside their circle. I had litterally to push them by grapes to get out of the lift. It could take up to 30 min (yes 30 min) from my room to the lobby ...
Secondly, except Cafe de Coral (local fast food chain) in the mini mall underground, there is nothing to eat (unless you call cupnoodles food).
There is a Park n Shop supermarket for residents (and hotel customers), where you can buy snacks, cereals, fruits, drinks ...
The 3rd irritating point is about the staff again. They can be really unpleasant, so better don't expect anything more than what you have and you won't be disappointed.

I point out that for tourists who want to visit Disneyland HK, this hotel is a (very) good option. Take bus to Tsing Yi then MTR to Sunny Bay and MTR to Disney.
The park itself is ridiculous compared to European or American peers.

Oh one more thing, take care of your belongings ...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank needlehill
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The Hotel’s room is small, but we got sufficient rest.
The Hotel is located far from most of the main attractions, but it cost merely HK$24.00 to reach Tsing Yi Station.
There is no restaurant/café operated by the Hotel, but it is convenient to get food at the basement of the Hotel as there are a few restaurants available.
Unfortunately, during my stay in the Hotel, there are plenty of rude customers staying in the Hotel. They were noisy and violent especially in the lift. The Hotel may not be able to choose their customers, but I do hope that the Hotel can improve in the “management” of their customers.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Minmin_Leong
Solo, Indonesia
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The Hotel was booked by my travel agent, and I have no idea it'll be like hell. In the itinerary it was written one room with a double bed and single bed for three of us (two of my friends and I). When I argued with the reception man, in a very bad English, he insisted that there only got 2 twin bed for 3. Can u image? One of us had to sleep on THE FLOOR for a night, coz the room was so small for three. Moreover, The housekeeper was YELLINg at me when I asked for new towel on the next day. Finally my tour guide helped us to communicate and the receptionist gave up one more room. The view is as 'gloomy' as the hotel itself, since what we looked is cargo pier. So, still crappy service could not mend my unsatisfactory. One point plus of the hotel is the convenience stores on the basement floor that sell cheap goods and handycraft. I even found Indomie Goreng there.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank chemitz
Zilina, Slovakia
Reviewed February 18, 2012

The hotel is not so far from the Airport. You can take an airport express (HK$ 90) train to Tsing Yi and then a taxi (it costs us HK$ 23) or a local bus for a HK$ 3. In fact, there is also local bus (HK$ 20) going directly from the airport and stops about 50 m from the hotel, but I don't remember the number.

Rooms very too small, but the rest was ok. We had also wifi what was great. We were at lower 7th floor, what I can only recommend to stay rather here. It happened to us, that some poeple came (it seems to me like 2 full busses - really huge group) and you should wait even more than 15 minutes for your lift.

At the basement, there are shops, where you can buy some food and tourist shops, which we didn't know at the begining. in fact it looks like a second world there. :)

We didn't have breakfast included.

Room Tip: Lower floors - you don't hav e to wait for a lift in a case, there will be too much people waitn...