Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
$39
View deal
Agoda.com$709
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2014

Location on Nathan Road in Tsim Sha Tsui was perfect for everything Hong Kong has to offer. Shopping, restaurants, harbour and other sights close by. MTR station means everything is only minutes away. Caught the A21 airport shuttle bus almost to the front door and from across the road to return. Room was great for the price and I was able to store luggage with reception before and after my stay. Room was on a different floor to reception. Lifts were relatively small and usually busy as the building houses many guest houses, business and residences but it was never a huge inconvenience. I would be happy to stay again.

Date of stay: February 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Jane C
Reviewed October 6, 2014

It was good that in the airport there was a free telephone service that can call locally so we were able to inform the hostel as soon as we landed. Finding the Hostel was a bit hard but manageable. The person on the ground doesn't speak english he just let us see a kist of the hostel in the building with the corresponding floors that's how we know we are on the right place. The elevator was small luckily the owner speaks english well and was pretty accomodating. The check in was a breeze.We were given 2 keys one for the main door & the other for the room. The room was small but neat. They let me borrow a AC adaptor which is nice. Comparing the price to other hostels, this is already budget friendly. The main plus is the location since it is a walking distance to the MTR. If I will be at Kowloon again i will be inclined to stay in this hostel.

Room tip: We were on the 10th floor with windows. I haven't tried other rooms so I can't really do a comparison.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Qwiksilver1215
Reviewed September 30, 2014 via mobile

When first searching for accommodations for our 3days and 2nights stay in Hong Kong, I stumbled upon hostels either in Mirador or Chungking mansions but bad reviews discouraged me to book a room in one of these buildings. Aside from these mansions are in super crowded areas of Tsim Sha Tsui and intimidating environment because of the presence of touts, I do not like queueing up in using the elevator because it is time consuming. The time can be used for other productive activities. I browsed for comfortable yet affordable accommodation. We did not consider hotel accommodations because we will just be using the room for resting and will just be staying at night. I read good reviews of Yiu Fai guesthouse and was encouraged to book a triple room at hostelworld.com. I used this booking site because there is no booking fee and I just paid 25.50USD as deposit and this will be deducted from our total payment of the hostel. The room is quite spacious for a Hong Kong standard. Although, it looks old, the beds were comfortable. The room has built-in cabinet, a television, a dresser, free wifi, one adaptor for charging electronic gadgets and hot and cold shower. They also provide toiletries and change the towels everyday which is not common for hostels. I'm not sure if they also change the beddings everyday but when we came back at night, the room was already cleaned and our beds already fixed. They also change USD to HKD and has good exchange rate (1USD = 7.7HKD compared to 1USD = 7.07HKD in the airports and other currency exchange commercial outlets). They also sell discounted tickets of Hong Kong - Macau ferry, Disneyland and Oceanpark, Victoria Peak and Ngong Ping 360. The receptionists are very accommodating although the lady receptionist had difficulties in speaking English. Luckily, they have Filipina helper which was very helpful when we were talking to the lady. They also has water container in the reception area where guests can fetch water before going out. Although the elevators are very small which are common in Hong Kong, we don't need to queue up. All in all, we had good experience staying in the hostel.

Date of stay: August 2014
3  Thank Lezeim
Reviewed September 24, 2014 via mobile

We booked a room due to it`s low price and great location.
We arrived and after searching for a while found the reception on the 5th floor. Here a badly Englisch speaking reception worker brought us to our room, which more or less looked & felt like a prison cell.
As we felt very uncomfortable and like rats in a trap, we decided to ask our money back & decided to go to another hotel.
It`s unbelievable that this calls itself a certified guest house.
Everything is very small, the shower is in a different room & there is a toilet under the shower.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank 973willemh
Reviewed September 21, 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here and it has been renovated not that long ago.
In 2011 I stayed here with my daughter and it was a good place to stay but very much backpackers accommodation. This time (Sept 2014) the room we are in (room 17a on the 10th floor) has a newly tiled ensuite and new beds.
I am traveling with my parents (both over 80) and we are in a triple share room (a double bed and a single) and the beds are very comfortable and while the fan in the aircon is a little noisy it works very well (and we are all sound sleepers).
While the entrance to the building is just an arcade (shown as the Golden Crown Court) it is clearly marked and so are the lifts, which are only 4 metres off the street. When you are checking in, you get off on the 5th floor and turn left, go along to the end, and turn left again, and the office is clearly marked at the end of the passage.
We booked it over the net (through hostel world) and got it for about $25 AUD per person, which is excellent for a Nathan Rd frontage, only about 1 Km from the Star Ferry terminal. It is also only 20 metres from the front entrance to the station entrance. Most tours will have a pick up at the Holiday Inn which is only 200m down Nathan Rd from the Golden Crown building.
The rooms are very clean, great shower, there is boiling water available 24 hrs, excellent free WiFi, a good TV & hair dryer (in your room), and the shared use of a fridge & microwave.
You really don't need any more, as it is Hong Kong and everything is just waiting outside the front door.

• Trip type: Traveled with family