“Nice hotel in a vibrant part of the city”

Silka Far East Hotel
Ranked #214 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The final port of call on my Far East tour was Hong Kong. I chose the Silka Far East as I had stayed there before. The hotel is a 25 minute bus journey from the airport, but the bus stops right outside the hotel. My room was high and I got a good view of the surrounding area. It was a single room, so a little small, but cosy, clean and comfortable. There were plenty of places to get food and drink just outside the hotel. The whole area was vibrant. The hotel was very good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank William W
There are newer reviews for Silka Far East Hotel

Reviewed July 1, 2014

A small but comfortable room. Near MTR station, bus stops, convenient stores, malls & restaurants.

Booked standard room (from booking.com) - during my booking it was a free cancellation condition until 10 days before my arrival, after that date, i was surprise to see that it was upgraded to superior without cost change, it was great!

Got a corner room at the 10th floor. The room is only good for 2 person, As i requested, it's has 2 single bed that literally would only fit a single person. If your a family of 3, I seriously doubt if a child would fit with one (1) adult on it (single bed). . .. double bed is an option, but . . . . just make sure you inquire about the bed size, other wise someone will sleep on the floor! Bathroom ... ofcourse its tiny! Free Wi-Fi is excellent!

Fast check-in and out.

Room Tip: Corner room i believe is larger.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

While the rooms are tiny, the staff is friendly and professional, and very accommodating. The hotel is immaculately clean and well - maintained, and located near to everything a traveler could want- shopping, restaurants, and transit. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Robin M
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I stayed there with my mother over Christmas and New year's 2012/13. Room were small (like most hotel rooms in HK), especially the bathroom. However, if you want a room to sleep in and explore the city, this is a good spot. The Hotel is in Tsuen Wan, about 10 stops by train from the southern tip of Kowloon, but the trains are fast, reliable and pleasant. Tsuen Wan is cheaper than Kowloon or HK island and closer to the airport. We stayed for 2 weeks and spent time around Tsuen Wan ad at places that are close to it.
Staff is friendly and professional and the hotel is clean. It was cold on cold nights though (I recall a heating switch in the room but there was no heat. We had the first room from the elevator; late night party-goers woke us up twice.
The prepaid breakfast was excellent (only served til 9 though. However, the cleaning ladies start early so you'll be up at 8). There were 2 public computers in the breakfast room, but they were craved by a third of the guests and the internet connection was slow.
All in all to be recommended. We paid about 75 dollars on average per night if I recall correctly ...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sven M
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Quite difficult to find the hotel from MRT station, it's clean and they provide bath amenities however very small tiny room with no space, as both of our luggage already filled half of the room space.. Luckily we just stay here for 2nights and we spend most of the day outside the hotel for sightseeing. Good things: they provide shuttle bus to some of the landmark areas, we visit Disneyland during our stay here as the area quite close

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2014

At first i was excited to stay on silka far east which is located in tsuen wan because i saw their website but then when i was there i am very disappointed with my choice of hotel because the rooms was small that i can't even fix my things on my bag. If ever i will go back to hongkong again i will never choose it. This was the worst decision i ever made in my trips.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank prexie0518
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

it was in august that my family visited hongkong. we are a family of three (my mom, my 7yr old daughter and myself). i just stumbled online about this hotel. when i clicked on their website, silka has a promo (i was told that this hotel frequently offers promo rates most of the time thus travel agencies here in PHL love to bundle this hotel with their promo packages). i got a booking for Php1,800/night for a standard room with twin beds. looking at the photos on their site i decided that the 3 of us will fit in the room my mom will have the separate bed and my daughter and i will share on the other bed as she is free as long as she shares the bed with a parent.

the site also provided us with a clear map and instruction on how to get to the hotel via bus.

we got on the bus as instructed. silka far east is really far from the airport. an hour the most of continous driving. but the good thing was there is a bus stop in front of the hotel so another convenience for tourists like us. our hotel in front is not spectacular but just ok. the front of house are very courteous and helpful for infos to tourists.the hotel is conveniently located near restaurants , bus stations,.train stations.though the room is quite small for us but we manage to fit inside.
the hotel also has a bus service that can take you to disney bus station and other key touristy area. the train station is like 2 - 3 minutes away from the hotel and its at the tsuen wan station
over all i gave it a 4 stars.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family