I am generally not a person who feels cold but the time I was there was when they were having a cold spell and no matter how high I turned the thermostat, it never got warmer in the room. I got an extra blanket the first night and that was fine although I had to wear a flannel shirt to stay warm when not sleeping. The room is small, 8x14 but very clean with a large window and it is fine for a single person, perhaps too crowded for 2. The bath is small but adequate and very modern, has courtesy dryer, hot pot, small fridge, flat tv, tiny desk and a chair and wifi is great. Newspaper on door in morning. Location is great - very close to Tsuen Wan MTR station and the area gives you a local flavor with loads of great shops in walking distance - there are few tourists here. You can get anywhere in less than a half hour for less than $2US on MTR. Exchange rate sucks - go to the moneychangers on the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silka Far East, Hong Kong is a value hotel located in Tsuen Wan, a bustling bay in Hong Kong. The hotel has 240 rooms offering a fuss-free, comfortable and safe stay at affordable prices. The hotel is within walking distance from the Tsuen Wan MTR, City Landmark and other shopping malls, commercial and recreation areas in the district. Complimentary in-town shuttle bus service is available for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Silka Far East Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dorsett Far East Hong Kong
- Hotel Dorsett Far East
- Silka Far East Hotel Hong Kong