“Most reviews don't do justice”

Bridal Tea House Hotel Hung Hom Gillies Road
Ranked #276 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I mainly read negative reviews about Bridal Tea House, most concerning rooms size.
Well, any hotel (or apartment for that matter) in Hong Kong does have size problems. The bigger you want the more you pay.
If you keep this in mind, the hotel is actually not half as bad as people say. My room (1002) was clean and neat. Mirrors help give you a feel the room is bigger than it actually is. Also there is free wi-fi, something bigger hotels don't have. And at a 10min walking distance from Hung Hom station.
If I have to point out a flaw, that would be the staff not being the most friendliest (or happiest) you can meet, but, after all, I've never met friendly staff in Hong Kong.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Xueyan D
BTHHK, Customer Service at Bridal Tea House Hotel Hung Hom Gillies Road, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Greeting from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and I do apologize for our service breakdown and appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention.

We are look forward to welcoming you on your future trips.

There are newer reviews for Bridal Tea House Hotel Hung Hom Gillies Road

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We booked thrre nights in January 2014, the room my wife and I were given was a standard double, it was only a little larger than the bed itself. The suitcases had to be put into the bathroom before the room door could be shut. Both of us could only enter one at a time. I do not think I have ever stayed in such a small room, it should have been sold as a single room. The person at the reception desk was also not very helpful, upon our leaving with two large suitcases we asked for a taxi only to be told that we should cross the road and walk to the taxi rank with all of our luggage. I would have posted a photo but I could not get far enough back to take one without leaving the room. I would only recommend this for a one night stay at best.

Room Tip: Ask the floor size of the room before booking.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank William D
BTHHK, Customer Service at Bridal Tea House Hotel Hung Hom Gillies Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Bridal Tea House Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Bridal Tea House Hotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent a future occurrence.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I don't recommend U for this hotel. Small room, U can't breath. The service? Oh my God....Not satisfied stay here. I have to change my hotel to others because very small room, we have booked for 2 rooms with my Mom & my elder sister.
No recommend here. The price not so cheap also.

Room Tip: No recommend this hotel for U....sorry!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mariamarsianad
BTHHK, Customer Service at Bridal Tea House Hotel Hung Hom Gillies Road, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings From Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Bridal Tea House, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent a future occurrence.

The staffs are being briefed and trained to appropriately assist guests in term of concierge service as well as in case of any emergency. The management of the hotel has now on a rotation duty to look after guest on a 24 hours basis.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns as it allows us to see our flaws and we trust that the measures we have taken had resolved the issues. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Have stayed here 3 times so far, a couple of times as an over night transit, and once for 5 nights. You can get a lot cheaper room rates than is advertised, so can be very good value. Yes, the rooms are small, but how long do you stay in your hotel room for? And it all depends on which room you get, the 3 I have had have all been different even though on the same floor. One had a balcony, one had a sitting area and another had a single bed as well as the double. There is not much room around the beds, not much room for your luggage and the bathrooms are very small. However the facilities are up to standard and you are getting what you pay for. A good place to stay the night for a very reasonable Hong Kong price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank redracer69
BTHHK, Customer Service at Bridal Tea House Hotel Hung Hom Gillies Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Greetings from Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong!

It was such a pleasure to receive your feedback, thank you. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that your remarks will serve as encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

We look forward to welcoming you again with your special one :)

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed in the hotel in May 2012. I found it not as bad as the reviews on here read. The room was not very small and it was clean, the beds were comfy and the toilet and the shower were clean. The staff were helpful though they do not know much English. The location is good, just a few minutes walk to the Hung Hom MRT and there are a lot of restaurants nearby. So we enjoyed our stay and I would recommend the hotel for budget travellers.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank IrinaPoms
BTHHK, Customer Services at Bridal Tea House Hotel Hung Hom Gillies Road, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at Bridal Tea House Hotel Hong Kong.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our valuable guests. We believe that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to the entire team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best regards,
Bridal Tea Hpuse Hotel
Customer Services

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Don't stay here ever! Bought the free easy package during kl matta fair during "promotion ". If I had known we were to get this hotel is wouldn't have paid the money. Our room was so small, the double bed looks more like a bigger single bed. The whole room could only fit one bed and one standing person. What's worst, is the hotel is surrounded by funeral parlors!

• Stayed: May 2011
BTHHK, Customer Service at Bridal Tea House Hotel Hung Hom Gillies Road, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay with us.
We at the Bridal Tea House Hotel Hung Hom Wuhu St. were disappointed to read your review and would like to extend our sincere apologies to your disappointment.

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment with the size of our guest rooms, it is true that experienced travelers used to know that Hong Kong doesn't provide space in general.

However, following the feedbacks received by most of our repeater guests; Bridal Tea House hotels in Hong Kong used to provide simply clean and comfortable guest rooms ,this is a part of our brand standard provided by an economic budget hotel and which is something appreciate by our guests. We are sorry to hear that you are not sharing the same point of view.

We take all guest comments very seriously and once again, we apologize for the inconveniences you had on your last stay. We look forward to having another privilege of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Reviewed January 3, 2012

So far the smallest room i could ever imagine........you dont even have place for two people to stand side by side.......once you get in the room you have to lie down on the "so called Twin beds"...the so called AC is not effective n not controlled by you.....no place to keep your luggage......only small one bag it is OK....but more than one then you have to place it on you after you sleep...literally..and yes....lots of cockroach. DONT GO there even if it is offered free...

Room Tip: dont go there
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple