Bridal Tea House Hotel Yau Ma Tei
The Peninsula Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$856
$584
The Peninsula
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$186
$303
$253
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$206
$561
$380
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$280
$233
Travelocity
  • Pool
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$101
$71
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
All reviewsexit cnight market every nightdisposable slippersbig luggageair conditionercleaned every daybudget travellerstwin bed roomstrategic locationocean parktrip to hong kongdryersinkrazoreateriescupboardasia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Stayed here for five days. Very good location but the room was small. The staff of the hotel were very friendly and helpful, worked attentively. My room was alway clean that was a plus. The hotel was a good value to stay in Hongkong.

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Just came back from Hong Kong yesterday. I chose Bridal Tea House in Yau Ma Tei is because my friend suggested it to me and I've checked the reviews here in Trip Advisor, there were mixed reviews but I decided to go ahead since it is pretty cheap compared with other hotels in HK. I booked a double-bed room through hotelclub.com, got it at RM203/night (approximately HKD500) averagely.

The hotel is located behind the Yau Ma Tei (Exit C) MTR station, after exit the station, turn right and walk toward the back of the exit, then turn left. We had a hard time finding the hotel as the directions given by the bloggers was not clear enough.

We did our check-in counter at the ground floor, but the lift lobby to the hotel is in the other shop. We got our room at 1st floor. The lift is tiny, the corridor is narrow...... When we open the door to our room, I gasped. It is so small! I have already prepared myself for the limited space since this isn't my first time in HK, but I couldn't help but gasped at the room. The double-bed, is only slightly bigger than a single bed! The walk way in between the bed and toilet, is only like 1 feet away! There is a small corner for us to put our luggage bags, in standing position. To open the luggage bag, we have to put the bag on the bed! The toilet, my goodness, even myself have difficulties to undress in the toilet. I am not a fat person mind you, so is my husband. I can't imagine if we were of slightly bigger size, this could be a disaster stay for us.

Other than the space, the room is tidy and clean. The location of the hotel, I must say it is in a very convenient location. The Yau Ma Tei MTR station is only 3 minutes away. There are a lot of nice cafe/restaurants around too. The Ladies Street or Sai Yeung Choi Street, are only 10 minutes walk.

If you are of M or L size, travelling with spouse of the same size too, I do not encourage you to stay in this hotel. After a long and tiring day touring around HK, mind you the walking you have to do in HK is no joke, the last thing you'll want is to squeeze your spouse off the bed at night. Although you may say you're not going to stay in the hotel all day long, you can't deny that the space/size does matter to some people.

If you are really having a tight budget, go ahead and book early, you'll get the best deal.

Will I stay in this hotel again? Definitely, NO. :)

Sorry that I forgot to take photos of the room, can't share the room photos with you all. So sorry about that.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ashw
Reviewed September 19, 2010

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in Sept 2010, my husband, my 6-mth-old little girl and myself. We booked a double room. The room was extremely small and we barely had any space to move around. We had 3 medium-size luggage bags, luckily we managed to get everything organised. The mattress was not comfy due to its age. There is a working kettle, 2 bottle of drinking water were replenished everyday. The cooling box was not very cold though.

We stayed at room 20A. Unfortunately, the aircond was centrally controlled. We have to call the recep to get it warmer.

The bathroom is super small but clean, but we somehow expected it given the size of the room (i think the room is around 10 x 10 sqft). It was OK for us - medium-sized Asians. I reckon it would be super squeezy for normal-sized Caucasians. Basic toileteries were replenished everyday. Hot shower was working perfectly.

Location-wise, very strategically located within the heart of mongkok area. Temple street night market (north - a mini one) is just 1 street away, we did our last minute shopping there. YMT MTR station C exit was like 3-min walk.

If you are a budget traveller and spend most of your time outside, it would be a good choice where you can spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank sapura79
Reviewed August 25, 2010

10 mins walk from ymt mtr . Location on a quite street . Looks more like motel ... Rooms really small and cramped ... Really have to squeeze inside . There is a cafe upstairs but did not try . With the price u will be paying can get something better . Does not make u feel like staying in room ... Luckily there are lots to do in hkg ... Do walk around vicinity of hotel as temple street is nearby . There is also a claypot eatary beside hotel which is always long qeuee ... Very nice omelet !

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Poohvinkie
Reviewed July 20, 2010

this is my worst experience to stay at a hotel, the room is too small, the receptionists are unfriendly, hotel appliances are malfunction.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends