“Free Internet and friendly staff”

Bridal Tea House Hotel (Western District)
Ranked #425 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
seattle
“Free Internet and friendly staff”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I'm no expert on hotels in Hong Kong. My only other hotel was the Sky City Marriott which cost 50% more. If you're counting your nickles and dimes this hotel might be the place to stay. But, for me, I will probably spend more if I have to go to Hong Kong again. I did appreciate the staff and the free Internet. I didn't appreciate the lack of cleanliness. Not having stayed at other hotels in the same price range I can't say what it's standing is in comparison to other hotels in the same price range.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 25, 2010

3 things I look for in a hotel: Location, Accommodations and Price. In paper, the hotel was a good choice. It's one station away from Central (Sheng Wan) and its near the Wholesale Market if you're into trying different local foods. However, it was a long walk going to the MTR station (around 20mins). It took us forever to find it on our first night. I thought by the 2nd night, we'll get the hang of it, but still we got lost and just took a taxi from the station. Same story on the 3rd night. Accommodations were fairly typical of any HK apartment/room. Very small but the space is maximized. The room was equipped with ref, blower, hot water and cups for coffee, complete set of toiletries, complimentary water bottle daily,TV with cable. I definitely got a good bargain per night because I only got it for less than US$40. If you're just looking for a place to sleep in, you can definitely bunk here. But not for those who prefer high quality service during vacations.

• Stayed June 2010
7 Thank arahbaby
Malaysia
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Very small room without working desk, I need to work with my laptop on the bed but FREE internet (Most of the hotels in HK dont give Free Internet)and local call.For price HKD400++ per night,don't expect much for the room.You have to carry the luggage to the room by yourself.Near to tram,easy to get taxi and buses.Many nice local food restaurant along the street .Not near to MTR.Must try the restaurant of the hotel,food is delicious.If you want to experience local living style in Hong Kong,this is a place near neighborhood.Not recommended for family with kids because room with not much space.Everything is small in the room,its about 120sqft.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank icarolyap
mumbai
Reviewed March 18, 2010

this is just an amazing hotel.
the best n a very economical place to stay in hongkong..
get the best fares online..

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
london
Reviewed November 18, 2009

We booked the room the day before and got instant confirmation that one room is available and booked for us. We arrived the hotel at 11am and got told that one room was available and we could check in at 2pm. We left out luggage there and back to the hotel at 6pm. The manager said there was no room for us and he could send us to another location of this chain. He also told us to take the bus to go there with our luggage at peak hour in the rain!

It took us ten minute to negotiate with him to pay for the taxi. they sold the last room to a walk in guest who paid higher price and should compensate us for the taxi. I would never stay in this hotel, which would not hornour their booking, particularly the room was reserved for us in the morning when we got there!

that's the worst hotel i stayed in Hong Kong.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
9 Thank leolondon41

Travelers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Hong Kong / Columbus, OH
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I haven't stayed here yet but I'm doing some research on accommodations for my 6'4" friend for budget living (two weeks) in HK. I've been searching all over the place for things within his budget during peak season (October has lots of fairs going on so hotels get packed and charge an arm, a leg and your neck cuz they can)..

stopped by the place a random night after calling and asking about specials for bi-weekly rates. was greeted by a girl who kinda lacked the 'hi, welcome to bridal tea house' kinda attitude, but her supervisor was A LOT of help. they let me see a room, which, knowingly was small, but kinda old (think of a holiday inn on your average american random highway)... pretty clean.. but since i saw very nice pictures on their website, asked the supervisor about it... she helped me check other BTHes to see if they had any rooms, and whether the size of the rooms would work out..

Once you see the elevators (aka lifts in HK) you'll get an idea of the size of the rooms.. you've got all you need there though, and if you're planning on doing a lot of partying anyway, this'll be a good choice (cuz it's nice on the wallet). might not recommend shopping until the later end of your trip, as you might not have much space to place what you got in the room..

Location wise it's not too bad. as it mentions you've got lots of buses, minibuses, the tram and such to get to and from.. the area has a mix of old HK and new HK, so you've got your fair share of fast foods but also congee breakfast places too.. did see an old school grocery store though when i was there, that was pretty cool.

Mind you i speak the language so it might have helped; they are willing to help as long as you tell them what you need, and also be understanding as it is a budget place.. i must say they did go out of their way to help me out though..

i also checked out the BTH in Aberdeen.. will be writing up a review shortly.. I'll be checking out the one in Ap Lei Chau tonight, so I could probably write up another one too. : )

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple