Stayed 3 nights in Feb , on a stop over on the way to New Zealand .
This hotel is ideal as it offers a free airport pick up and drop off and is very near to the airport .
On check in we were asked for our credid card details so that the hotel could hold $500 (Hong Kong ) to go towards anything we spent inhouse . This is par for the course , we found out , but we were not aware when making the booking .
Anyway , everything about the hotel was very high standard and the staff were first class and very friendly . The room was clean , tidy and had a King size bed ,iron, tea making facilities .
In the morning the buffet breakfast was large , and catered for all tastes ,Europrean and Eastern .Again , the staff were great , and nothing was to much of a problem for them .
We ended up in the hotel for a drink each night and there was an American singer providing the entertainment . Staff were very attentive and provided endless bowls of salted peanuts with the drinks .
The hotel is joined to a massive , designer shops oulet mall , and this leads to the Chair lift terminus , bus and train stations .
The only downside to the hotel , is that if you want to wander around at night ,there is very little to do in the vicinity .
I would certainly recomend this hotel for a short stay ,but if you want to be in the middle of things you need to be ready to get a bus ,train or taxi .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only airport hotel in Hong Kong with city convenience, Novotel Hong Kong Citygate is just 5 minutes from Hong Kong International Airport and AsiaWorld-Expo. With direct access to MTR, it takes only 30 minutes to the city centre and Hong Kong Disneyland is 2 stops away. Enjoy spectacular views from the Ngong Ping Cable Car and discover bargain shopping at Citygate Outlets, both are at the doorstep. Features meeting facilities, two restaurants, a bar, a 24-hour gym and swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, ACCOR, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Novotel Citygate Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Citygate Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Accor Hong Kong
- Novotel Hong Kong Airport
- Hong Kong Novotel