“Nice convenient hotel”

Novotel Citygate Hong Kong
Ranked #55 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Great location! It is the first time we stay in New Terr but we think it is great. Less crowded compared to HK Island or Kowloon. Instead of seeing people, people and people, it is nice to wake up to mountain and sea views. Citygate Outlet Malls just next to the hotel and lots of great shopping! You can also find nice restaurants and a food court there.The MTR station is also within walking distance. If you are going to Disneyland, it is two MTR stops away. There is also airport shuttle to and from the hotel and it takes less than 15 minutes to get to the airport. The cable car station to see the Giant Buddha is within walking distance. If you need to go city centre, you can take the MTR there and if I am not wrong, it takes only half an hour. We did not go city centre this time as we only had 4 days in HK. The rooms there are spacious compared to those in Kowloon or HK Island. The staff there are friendly and helpful. The buffet breakfast and dinner selection is great too. We would definitely want to stay in this hotel again when we go back to Hong Kong.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I chose this Hotel due to its proximity to the Airport, normally I use the Marriot, but this time it was fully booked. My impression is that this is a very popular Hotel for the visitors to Hong Kong Disney Facilities, At my arrival, using the Hotel free shuttle bus from the airport, I found the lobby jam packed with families with Children waiting for busses to and from Disney. Even though I had paid in full in advance for my room, I found that they just did not have a room available for me. The good news was that they upgraded me to the Executive level floor in exchange at no additional cost. The Hotel is directly connected to the City Gates Outlets Shopping Center and to the Cable Car station. This is great for Shoppers and for Tourist that come to Hong Kong for the first time. The hotel has a variety of Restaurants but you need to book prior to your meal since they are so full that they do different seating times... So if you are hungry and forget to book in advance, you may have to look else ware for food. Since I am a business traveler I normally do room service, and I found that the quality of food is good but a bit pricy, especially after adding the 10% surcharge. My basic impression is that the Executive level rooms are great, clean and quite, the price of the normal rooms are high and the atmosphere is more of a High end tourist Hotel. I recommend it as a good tourist Hotel for new travelers to China.... Very modern and new facilities, close to Shopping and tourist attractions. As a Business Hotel destination, Marriot is probably a better choice for short term stay, for longer stays, a Hotel in Kowloon may be a better choice.

Room Tip: Exectutive Level Floors
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Singapore
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed at Executive Premiere Club Twin Room from 2 Dec to 6 Dec.
Overall, a very good experience.
Location was very good with walking distance to cable car and mtr.
Room was slightly cramp due to my extra bed. But it wasn't an issue.
The reason we took twin room was because of the bathtub in the room whereas Queen Room only shower.
I would like to comment Grace, our housekeeper, for the excellent housekeeping.
Room was tidied and clean properly and prompt service.
When we were going for our trips, I just need to push MAKE MY ROOM and it was ready when we returned. One day as early as 3 hrs my room was cleaned.
It was a very great bonus to have a cleaned room ready when we returned.
Grace was forever smiling. Very polite and greeted every guests she sees.
The receptionist on our last day, sorry to not notice her name, rushed down to return me my credit card while I was waiting for the shuttle service.
I have to thank Fanny, the reservation supervisor, for her recommendation to take this room.
I booked through booking.com and was only offered Premiere Room.
The breakfast buffet at Essence was excellent!
It was so good that I booked lunch buffet one of the days. Splendid!
Very quiet room.
Service wise both at the club floor and Essence marvelous!

Just some not so good areas.
Hi-tea and cocktail would appreciate more varieties.
On one evening when it served curry puffs, the curry puffs very saltish. We couldn't eat more.

Coming shuttle service was excellent. Driver helped with luggages. Very much appreciated though we have only 4 20inch luggages.
Return trip on the 6 Dec around 12pm however, driver not so helpful.
No greetings whatsoever. He did not look local.
Last luggage we carried up and when reached the airport, he only looked at us coming down with our luggages.
Perhaps he was thinking we can handle it since only 4 small luggages.
The best part was, there was no other guests.
Sure I wasn't happy!
My Limousine driver for both round trips to and from airport in Singapore greeted us and helped us with all the luggages. He asked us to just sit down and relax and leave the luggages to him.

Was given the VIP treatment throughout the stay but was treated like somebody asking for a free ride when coming back. WHAT A SHAME!

May or may not stay again cod there are other hotels who offer great services despite slightly higher price.
I don't mind paying more.

Room Tip: Get a club room. Club twin for bathtub.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NovotelCitygate, General Manager at Novotel Citygate Hong Kong, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear wonderuby,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback.

I am delighted to learn of your positive comments in regards to Novotel Citygate's service provided in many of the departments including the Premier Lounge.

I was pleased to learn of the level of service provided on the hotel shuttle on arrival, however I do apologize on behalf of my team for the inconsistency in the service delivery on the shuttle bus on your return trip to the airport. I have also discussed your feedback in regards to the variety and saltiness of food in the Premier Lounge with the concerned teams.

Wonderuby, I look forward to welcome you back to Novotel Citygate in the very near future.

Kind regards,

Nicholas Cullum
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I with my family just stayed there for 5 nights at premiere room. The room is not too spacious but very comfort and clean. This is my second come to this hotel. I choose this hotel because it is connected with Citygate Outlet and walking distance to MTR station. And the most important thing you can sleep well because this hotel far from the hustle and bustle of the hong kong city. The breakfast more than enough. You can start the day with so many variation of food. Ngong Ping 360 Entrance is only 5 minutes walk. Easy to find supermarket, 7 Eleven, Food Rep, Mc D and so many restaurant around the hotel. MTR Hong Kong/Central station is only 30 minutes away. I will stay in this hotel if I come to Hong Kong again.

Room Tip: Higher floors is better view.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Prices at dining room & bar do not mention the 10% service charge. Concierge & receptionist very helpful.
shuttle does not run every 15 minutes as promised.
I havn't got more comments .
shuttle does not run every 15 minutes as promised.
I havn't got more comments .