On Oct. 22, 2012,with our plane arriving from Vancouver,BC/Canada,and no connecting flights to Southern Thailand,we had planned for an overnight stay at the "Novotel Hong Kong Citygate".Their shuttle bus arrived within minutes at the airport's Shuttle Bus Terminal.To reach it, it is quiet a walk from the Arrival Hall.If one does not like to follow the endless,but clearly marked,signs,one can wait at the Information Desk (to the right,coming from Immigration),where travellers can assemble,until a group of 15-20 people has been formed. A guide will then take the group to the bus terminal.The trip to the Novotel takes only a few minutes.Check-in was quick ( I had booked and pre-paid a Superior Room,incl. breakfast buffet,on the hotel's website.I requested a room,that had the A/C running.My wife and I stayed at this hotel last year,and the A/C must have been off for days,because the room was so humid,that within minutes everything paper (diaries,books,etc.) was damp and started to curl up.The reception staff gave us the "Royal Brush-Off",claiming this was due to the humid Hong Kong weather.If you stay longer,the Club Rooms are a better deal,with free access to the Lounge,free WiFiand free breakfast).Regular rooms have access to paid WiFi.Hungry,after the 13 hours flight and the pathetic food offered by Air Canada,we left our room in search of food.We stayed away from the Lobby Bar (live entertainment),where during our last stay we received another "Royal Brush-Off".The waitresses at the Bar seemed completely geared to the Business Traveller (after big tips ?),ignoring us.It took us more than 1 1/2 hours for a Club Sandwich and a beer.This time we took the escalator (to the left of the reception) to the upper level of a large mall,that is attached to the hotel.A LONG walk will take you to a Food Court with a great selection of Asian Food Stations.The following day,after taking in the excellent Breakfast Buffet,we had a quick check-out,and then the hotel's shuttle bus took us directly to the terminal for our airline,Thai Airways.Our room and bath were clean and fairly large for a Hong Kong hotel room.Despite the hotel being next to a very large airport,the room was very quiet.I can recommend this hotel to overnighters as well as to people staying a few days.From the subway station next door it is only 35 min. to Downtown Hong Kong (Central Station).And at approx. $can 200.00/night the Novotel is approx. $can 80.00 cheaper than a comparable hotel in Downtown Hon Kong or Kowloon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only airport hotel in Hong Kong with city convenience, Novotel Hong Kong Citygate is just 5 minutes from Hong Kong International Airport and AsiaWorld-Expo. With direct access to MTR, it takes only 30 minutes to the city centre and Hong Kong Disneyland is 2 stops away. Enjoy spectacular views from the Ngong Ping Cable Car and discover bargain shopping at Citygate Outlets, both are at the doorstep. Features meeting facilities, two restaurants, a bar, a 24-hour gym and swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Citygate Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Citygate Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Accor Hong Kong
- Novotel Hong Kong Airport
- Hong Kong Novotel