“If I return to Hong Kong THIS is the hotel I would book into.”

Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong
Ranked #148 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Great hotel for a good price. The staff have a well deserved reputation for friendlines and being helpful. Even the waitress at breakfast was helping me plan my day!
All the beds now have mattress toppers making them comfortable - a rarity in H,Kong.
Catch the airport express to Central Station and then pick up the free shuttle bus to their sister hotel Cosmopolitan. The Cosmo is a few yards up the road. Then for $140 you can book the shuttle bus back to the airport direct from Cosmo. A great service.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank SurreyRosie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,442)

Reviewed April 20, 2009

I have visited Hong Kong mostly for Business on several occasions, and this was my first stay at Cosmo Hotel and I loved it.

I stayed at the Executive Room it had all what I required including high speed internet. and I also had the choice to select the room color, which I found as a very fascinating feature at Cosmo. I selected the modo-green color, very vibrant and lively it was.

The location was also good, in Causeway Bay, it was very convenient for my work.
I had my last day free but did not have any plans of visiting around, but from Cosmo Hotel Causeway Bay’s shopping and entertainment district was in walking distance, and I used the free hotel shuttle service as well.

All in all hotel facilities and the location of the hotel is what I preferred most and it was a value for money stay as well.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Tomask99
Reviewed April 18, 2009

If you are looking for a hotel room the size of stamp, people who smoke even on non smoking floors and beds so hard you could be sleeping on cement and pay the same amount as staying at a nice hotel - stay here! This is the hotel for you!!! - the only nice thing i can say is... the manager Augustine was trying so hard but you could see in eyes that even he was embarressed by this hotel. Good luck - go to Jia and pay 50 USD more. ITS WORTH IT!!! We went to the W hotel in Kowloon and still paid for our room here. But my back couldn't take the beds.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ejblue
CosmoHotel, Anita Chan, General Manager at Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2009

Thank you for your valuable comments. Cosmo Hotel features different room types sizing 160 sq. feet / 15 sq. metre to 900 sq. feet / 83 sq. metre, so when you next stay with us you can try different room type to have another experience. We will also do more frequent patrols on floors to ensure no smoking is allowed on the non-smoking floors.

For your comments on our bed, our hotel offers different mattress experience to suit personal needs. We also provide a pillow menu in which guest can select from a series of pillows made from different materials and guest may contact our Housekeeping team or Guest Services Manager on spot for such service.

Reviewed March 26, 2009

Being my first solo trip I was a little apprehensive but checked reviews before booking.

I arrived at Hong Kong airport and took the MTR Airport Express (10.50HK$) to Hong Kong station (Central line), the shuttle bus / taxi rank is just opposite train exit. I waited for shuttle bus but it wasn’t due for 20mins so I took a taxi. The taxi driver tried to drop me off at Cosmopolitan hotel but their doorman directed him the 200yds round the corner.

After 31 hours of being awake I was greeted with friendly efficient service and shown to my room (908). The room had been converted from twin to double as I had requested in earlier email. The windows were frosted out and didn’t open – but I don’t think I had a cemetery view. I had a sofa and a work desk. The bathroom was equipped with vanity unit, and shower over small bathtub. The water pressure was great. The room had a digital safe (choose your own combination), mini bar – which I took some things out and placed next to, in order to store my own chocolate etc. I took earplugs but didn’t need them, I could hear next door switching their lights off last thing at night – probably because the switches are placed next to the bedhead.

The room was made up every day and towels were replaced. You also received 2 bottles (750ml) of water daily and slippers. I didn’t venture into Noosh bar but could hear the music while sitting in Reception. Reception had free wi-fi (I used my ipod touch) and a pc in the corner. The concierge let me use his PC to book and print out my boarding cards on my departure.

The shuttle bus (pickup from Cosmopolitan Hotel next door) service provided was helpful to get around to the major places or nearby MTR stations, but I’d advise getting to the pick up points 5 mins early. Driver Jackie (male) was helpful and spoke good English.

I found the hotel staff helpful and polite and thought the hotel was good value for money. I did try room service early one morning after a lost day due to food poisoning (don’t eat at McDonalds – I was desperate and starving!) I received 3 slices of toast, 2 butter packs, I marmalade and 1 jam and fruit salad for £9.73 – not so good value.

I would definitely stay at Cosmo again, it was in a quiet but good / central location and I felt safe walking around at night.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank CMBelton
Reviewed March 24, 2009

By little I mean our room was quite small, though there's really nothing else to complain about. We stayed for a few nights and our room was cleaned and towels changed daily. Breakfast had a nice variety of Western (bacon&eggs, croissants, cereal etc) and Asian (dim sum) breakfast.
Hotel is located in a walking distance from the Times Squeare mall and Causeway Bay metro stop. There are also free shuttle buses available, running between the hotel, Times Square and other stations.
NB! Right next to Cosmo hotel is located a much bigger and fancier hotel with the similar name: Cosmopolitan hotel. Seems that those hotels are somehow connected and you can use services in both of them, don't matter in which one you are staying.

When u grab a taxi from the city, be aware of cheaters. We came across a driver who pushed manually taxi meters' button, so the minutes were very short and our bill double than usual. We demanded the driver to check from the price list they've been given, what is the correct price and eventually paid this, instead of the price in meter. he didn't even argue. So be aware!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pilts
Reviewed March 11, 2009

i stayed in cosmo hotel, which is the sister hotel of cosmopolitan hotel. the 2 hotels are located right next to each other. at the point of booking, there was a special internet offer on the hotel's website. the superior room was being offered at US99 exc. 10% tax.

i thought it was a good deal so i booked 5 nights of stay there. when i checked out and paid the hotel bill, i realized that the final bill had been converted from USD to Hong Kong Dollars (HKD) and finally to S'pore dollar (which is my local currency).

The conversion rate was highly unfavourable to me and the difference had cost me an additional 200 S'pore dollars. I was expecting to pay either in USD or HKD. I also didn't think it was common for travellers to pay for accommodation in their local currency. I had written to the hotel about it and they had claim that it is common practice.

I don't think this is so as I've never experienced this anywhere else in the world. The conversion would usually be done by the local bank when I get the credit card bill back home.

The hotel on its own is not bad. But I was very displeased with the bill portion. I think if the hotel expects customers to pay in their local currency, they should have indicated so in their booking or confirmation emails. At least this gives customers the option of paying in cash and avoid the unfavourable exchange rates imposed by the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009
3  Thank creepzer_78
CosmoHotel, Anita Chan, General Manager at Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2009

Thank you for your comments. I'm delighted that generally speaking Cosmo Hotel did meet with your expectation. With regards to your comment on bill settlement, please note that "bill will be settled in Hong Kong dollars" was stated on the reservations confirmation order which was sent to you through your designated email address. As for your second enquiry on payment currency, since you were using credit card as the medium of payment, it is an universal practice that the bill amount will be converted to your local currency when appears on your card statement at an exchange rate set by your local bank in Singapore. If you have concerns with the exchange rate, you are advised to contact your local bank in your home country. While I hope I have addressed your comments, please feel free to contact me at generalmanager@cosmohotel.com.hk if you have further enquiries so that I can get back to you promptly. Thank you.

Reviewed March 2, 2009

I loved the hotel! Very nice room, good service and nice location.
The only problem i found is that the room view is to a cemetary but we made it as a nice joke..

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yanivek
CosmoHotel, Anita Chan, General Manager at Cosmo Hotel Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2009

Thank you for your comments we’re very pleased to hear that you did enjoy your stay at Cosmo Hotel. We’ve a range of room options which comprises various views including the beautiful view of the hectic Causeway Bay shopping city. We wish you will be impressed with it when we welcome you back in the near future.