“Great food, great service, great price!”

Beef & Liberty Wanchai Burgers
Ranked #25 of 8,725 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Beef & Liberty is our modern homage to the original beefsteak clubs and, we hope, the tastiest hamburger you will have tried in a while. We are obsessed with hamburgers. We have spent many years trying to create the perfect burger - one that is juicy, beefy, smoky and downright delicious. We think we have succeeded in our quest for perfection we are delighted to share our obsession with you. We proudly serve hormone-free grass-fed beef. Our beef is from Hereford cattle which are naturally raised by small-scale farmers in the Cape Grim region of Tasmania, which has the cleanest air in the world. Why grass fed beef? Cows naturally eat grass, which produces leaner meat, high in Omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E. We freshly grind the beef in our burgers in-house daily and serve it on a custom-baked white sour-dough roll. Add friends and family, top it off with some great craft beers, house cocktails or a fresh Liberty lemonade and you've got our version of what a perfect hamburger experience should be. Recognized as “the best burger in Hong Kong” by the South China Morning Post and awarded a Bib Gourmand by Michelin. Welcome to Beef & Liberty, we hope you enjoy it.
Hong Kong, China
“Great food, great service, great price!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I’ve been to this restaurant a few times now and the food and service have consistently been good. I’ve tried the classic burger, the cheese burger and the bacon cheese burger and all have been very tasty. The burgers are a good size, not so massive that you can’t eat it but not so small that you feel like you need another one. If you have one of the great value set meals then you won’t leave hungry, the only problem is that you might not have room for one of their sensational warm skillet cookies which as the name suggests is a warm cookie which is still slightly soft with cream poured over it. Not great if you’re on a diet but absolutely delicious! I haven’t tried the milkshakes but have been told they are fantastic, they also have a decent range of craft beers. Service has always been attentive without being intrusive, something a lot of other HK restaurants could learn from! I’ve never had a problem getting a table but then I’ve always either booked in advance (you can do it on their website) or arrived pretty close to opening time, it does seem to get pretty full at times. Prices seem very reasonable to me, you could easily get a burger, fries, drink and dessert for under HKD 250.

Definitely worth a visit, I’ll certainly keep going back!

• Visited July 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“quite ordinary”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Went in on an early Sunday evening, our booking request for corner table was fulfilled and a table was arranged for us by the glass wall - Great!! A good start.

There was enough to choose from the menu: starter, burger, salad, sides, dessert and drinks ... all looks pretty good on the menu.

Decided to go for spicy corn on a cob, cheese burger, fries with mayo and a strawberry shake. The corn was nicely done, it was served in a bowl with a spoon, being able to scoop in a hearty portion each bite was quite satisfying. The rest was average. The burger wasn't juicy, just an average burger. The shake was quite good. The fries... nah...

Service was just average and it wasn't a busy night. The choice of music was okay, but was throbbing too loudly.

There are more restaurants of similar kind blossoming in Wan Chai, I will give them a try before deciding whether it's worth coming back.

• Visited July 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Authentic burgers!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Beef & Liberty is among the few authentic burger places that newly opened in the neighbourhood. By "authentic", I refer to the meat and the way the meat is cooked - it is not like the fast food kind of thing. Having had lunch several times in this restaurant, I like their lamb burger the best. You could find beef or cheese or vegetables burgers elsewhere, but lamb is kind of rare I have to say. The lunch set comes with either salad or fries, and a drink.

There are plenty of seats in this restaurant, but do make a reservation to make sure that you don't have to queue. It's quite full during lunch time.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank wamysdottir
Bratislava, Slovakia
“Great burgers & beer”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

It was my first time at Beef&Liberty and I was expecting a lot as this pub was recommended to me. When me & my boyfriend came in we didn't have to wait for the table, as there were enough free tables. I was surprised by the nice atmosphere & decor- i fell in love with the graffiti on the wall (I was able to read it! lol), it matched perfectly with the bar & tables. We have chosen green chilli burger in bowl & black pepper burger, fries (omg i love the burgers!) dark beer & bachata beer (we are used to European beer flavour, but this was really something). We waited the usuall- I wanted to have my burger well done and it was well done :) The waiteress was very attentive, always checking if we don't need something- thanks! We also tried the ketchup, which is also their own production and it was very yummie (for some folks maybe too sweet). It was a pleasure to eat in this restaurant, i'm looking forward to visit you again when we will be staying in HK!! <3

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Maria_Chibi
Hong Kong
“Will definitely come back!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Beef and Liberty was recommended to us by some folks in the neighbourhood and wow, it was amazing. We arrived without a reservation and they said it'll be a long wait. So we thought, whatever, let's wait. The hostess made sure to find us a table straight away. We were seated at the bar area. The service was incredible and the staff were LOVELY. They wanted to help and gave us the best experience. The burgers were so delicious. We have decided to try and make this place our monthly place! So good. I'm hungry now.

• Visited June 2014