$150
$267
$196
Hotel ICON Official Website
  • Pool
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
$234
$166
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
$138
$129
$172
$147
  • Pool
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
$97
$87
1,218 results
All reviewstimes squaresofa bedcauseway bayset breakfastlane crawfordironing roomgreat locationsharp streetfree breakfastmtr stationsquare mallhysan placebudget hotelhotel is locatedsame buildingnoodlesreasonable size
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Hi,

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Causeway Bay, Hong Kong on a 2 day work trip.

Reached on the morning of 4th Sep. Landed at 5.00 am and after a fast immigration check, I was the hotel by 6.45 am. Reception checked me in but they didn't have any rooms ready since check in was 2pm. I told them I had a meeting at 10.30 and they said their hospitality guys come in by 9 to clean and I should get a room by 9.30 am.

I sat around till 8am and then went an spoke to another guy at the reception. He said I will get a room at 12..!!!! Again told him that I have a meeting at 10.30. He spoke to some supervisor and then told me he will give me a room in half an hour. Sure enough at 8.45 he comes to me with the key to a room.

Room: Decently furnished with all essentials except an empty fridge and no ironing kit.

Location: Fantastic in terms of being in the main shopping district and quite close to the Causeway Bay MTR station.

Service: Breakfast was efficient with minimum fuss. Not a buffet though breakfast is free for the guests.

Additional facilities: Free wifi...fairly good speed.

Check out: fast and efficient.

Overall experience: Very good. Does the job perfectly if looking for a practical hotel with a great location. Don't expect the Four Seasons and you wouldn't be disappointed.

Things they can do better: Ironing kit for sure since this has a lot of business people passing through and this addition would be definitely helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gnair77
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Had three nights here in August,and was impressed.
The location is a winner,right on Times Square.
Some nice restaurants nearby..
Clean,well maintained rooms,friendly and helpful staff,(thanks to the doorman by the way).
Breakfast was better than expected.
Very good,

Room Tip: Get close to the roof for peace and quiet..
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WolvesFordy
Reviewed September 4, 2013

So what else is cheap in Hong Kong? Nothing it seems except shopping during sale season. And Holiday Inn Express Causeway Bay is just across Times Square and shopping! Although a bit pricey, it is very convenient for bargain hunters during sale season and great food is abound. It is just a short walk to Lei Garden. The room is what you would expect from IHG, but the bathroom could have been cleaner. Free WIFI, but awful breakfast....eat out instead!

Room Tip: Try the mid floors as elevators are "sectioned" and higher floors have more stops going down.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
HIEX_Causeway_Bay_HK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience. We are glad to know that you were satisfied with our location and the nearby tourist attractions. Whereas, please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations in contain areas. Please be assured that we do not take this lightly and we are taking corrective actions to ensure that improvement will be made. Secondly, your comments on our breakfast and bathroom are greatly appreciated and resources will be inputted in this area for betterment.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future so that we could have the opportunity to demonstrate our improvement to you.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I stayed in this place on my business trip for 4 days in Jan '13. In terms of location, I think this place scores the best. Complimentary breakfast along with free WiFi access is provided to all hotel customers. The rooms are clean, and comfortable. But the turn off was the intermittent internet/WiFi connections. I didn't complain as it was complimentary service, but was annoyed with the frequent disconnection. Overall good experience for four days of stay.

Room Tip: "Choose top floors for better views"
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I booked this hotel because of the Location, Free Internet and Free Breakfast. The Location is really good as it is just across Times Square in Causeway Bay. The hotel internet sucks big time, either they are too cheap to get a bigger bandwidth or their IT department is doing a lousy job. They have 4 choices for breakfast...EVERYDAY. Yes same 4 choices for your Free breakfast. Tasteless Congee, muffin with scrambled egg that has no salt, porridge that smells like old wood and noodle with picked vegetable. If you eat here for 2 consecutive days you should be given a medal. 3 consecutive days you should be awarded a trophy. Food is absolutely horrible and the restaurant staff are so miserable with their job.

I should have booked a different hotel given that their price is almost the same, I went for this one because of the FREE INTERNET and FREE BREAKFAST, BIG MISTAKE!!!

Room Tip: Want a good room? Book somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank friendlypirate2000
HIEX_Causeway_Bay_HK, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience. We are glad to know that you were satisfied with our location. Whereas, please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations for the Internet speed and breakfast quality. Your comments have been passed to the Restaurant Manager and our IT Manager. Please be assured that we do not take this lightly and we are taking corrective actions to ensure that improvement will be made. Your feed back is very important for us to ensure ongoing satisfaction to our valued guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,