If you'd like to be in the center of the action in HK, Causeway Bay is where you should stay and Holiday Inn Express is a great choice in the area. It's just behind the popular Times Square. They even have a backdoor through the Basement Level of Times Square which brings you right opposite the road to the entrance of the hotel in Sharp Street. I think it's open till like 11pm so quite convenient, especially if you're coming via the MTR, you can just pass through indoors. Location-wise, it's close to shopping, food, etc. And because it's behind and not in front of Times Square, the street is pretty quite at night.
The exit for Times Square from the MTR trains are actually quite a walk, but everything is indoors, so it's quite useful especially when it rains, and you're also away from the crowd moving in different directions above on the streets. Buses are also quite convenient. Just head out the opposite way, left side when you come out of the hotel to Canal Road, plenty of buses to choose from, and even trams. There's even a local bus line there that brings you directly to Ocean Park, with the local rates (I think about $5+) rather than the usual tourist targetted express buses that go from Central/Admiralty ($12).
From the airport, best to take the bus, which stops at a nearby street. If you take the MTR, it is also possible but is a longer walk underground.
Rooms are actually surprisingly average in size, compared to the mostly small compact rooms in similar hotels. For two people, it's quite comfy. For those with kids, it can be a bit crowded esp when you lay out the sofabed.
I love the beds, the mattresses, linens and pillows were really clean, comfy and soft just like the high end hotels. The carpet and sofabed could so some cleaning though, I think I did get a bedbug bite not from the bed, but from sitting on the sofa.
All the amenities are available, including wifi and LAN connection in each room. Wifi was spotty though since my room was at the end of the hall. But since there is a LAN connection, I had an good alternative. So not a problem.
Breakfast was included and they included 4 options of set breakfast. I had a different one each day. Western was eggs, 2 pcs ham or sausage, a pastry, fruits, juice and coffee/tea. Chinese was Congee, sausage, chinese bun, fruits, juice and coffee/tea. And another choice was Noodles, sausage/ham, fruits, juice and coffee/tea. The other one was vegetarian. You can also have it packed if you do not wish to eat at the restaurant. Or if you skip one day and want to avail of a double one the next day, it is ok since they just give you coupons that is not dated and expires on the day of check out.
Staff who handled my check-in was great. She was friendly, and efficient. Since I had to wait for a few minutes due to a request, she even approached me at the waiting area to give me my key. I would expect this service from a five star hotel but is quite a bonus for a holiday inn express. Unfortunately, this is not true of all staff. My friend who also checked in that day didn't have a good experience.
Lobby area was small but clean, although there is this one part in the sitting area where the airconditioner drips water on the people sitting there, and through the four days we were there, no one bothered to fix it. Or they could have easily moved the sitting area a bit to avoid the drip on the guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the Sights and Sounds of Causeway Bay’s Exotic Commercial Centre at the Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay. Only 2 minutes walking distance to the Causeway Bay MTR Station, and just across the road to one of the Hong Kong’s most popular shopping malls - Times Square. Some tourist attractions and landmarks are nearby, such as the Hysan Place, Sogo Departments Store, Hong Kong Stadium and Happy Valley Racecourse are within walking distance. Hotel provides complementary set breakfast for every guest each morning. Meanwhile, Every guestroom features a Handy smartphone for free usage during your stay in Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay. Enjoying unlimited data use, free local call and IDD call to 10 designed countries. With the Wi-Fi hotspot sharing function, you may connect up with your own devices, adding to your enjoyment of exploration throughout the city. Kids under 18 years old stay free when he / she are sharing the same room with the parents. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Causeway Bay Hotel Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay
- Holiday Inn Causeway Bay
- Express Holiday Inn Hong Kong