1,260 results
All reviewstimes squaresofa bedcauseway bayset breakfastlane crawfordgreat locationsharp streetfree breakfastmtr stationsquare mallhysan placebudget hotelhotel is locatedsame buildingnoodlesreasonable sizeshopping area
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights for business trip. The location is great and very convenient for transportation as well as shopping. It will be definitely great location especially for female travelers who wants to spend. Breakfast was set menu on 6F, simple and sufficient. Only one concern was sound isolation for both internal and external.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Eddy L
Reviewed May 7, 2013

During my November 2012 trip to HK I stayed in both Holiday Inn Express Soho and Causeway Bay.
This hotel needs renovation, the rooms are much lower class than Soho, but the location is just great if you are staying for business or shopping.
If you are deciding which one to choose - certainly Soho because it's simply new.

Room Tip: Make sure that the room is non-smoking
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Oleg K
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I love the Holiday Inns and Holiday Inn Expresses in China and Hong Kong but this one falls quite short of the usual standards. Our room was dirty- coffee mugs, carpets, the baby cot's linens looked at least dingy (I wouldn't let her sleep there), pull out sofa had something that looked like blood on it in a few spots. The room had an iPhone dock (great, love this) but had a CRT tv. The breakfast was included but was terrible besides being clean.

The area is great for shopping but the subway in Hong Kong is so convenient that I didn't find it to be a big selling point. Plus from the subway you take exit A (closest) but it's such a far, far walk. I couldn't believe it!

I highly suggest you choose the nearby Holiday Inn Express Soho instead which is much more updated and about the same price and w a much better breakfast. You can read my review on that hotel as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EZE2525
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Tucked in a bylane behind Times Square and with no direct Airport Limousine connection this is one Holiday Inn I would rather never stay in again .Reception is not on ground floor and you have to bring up the luggage yourself .The check in staff was cordial and spoke and understood english .The free breakfast isa big joke ..you are just dished out 2 Bread slices , a tea or coffee and an egg ..with one butter ..you ask for butter you better be prepared to pay .Which is what happened to us on asking for another butter and another toast ! That's when we decided never ever to stay in this highly priced hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pilgrim_gsa
Reviewed May 3, 2013

When I stay at the Holiday Inn, I don't expect the Hilton. And I got exactly what I expected from a Holiday Inn in Asia. Extremely friendly, hardworking, and useful staff at the front desk. They did a great job considering how busy they were! Incredibly attentive housekeeping that even found a tiny computer screw that fell out of my laptop, and placed it on some paper right where I could see it.

The rooms aren't modern, but they are spacious by HK/NYC standards and extremely clean. Everything in them works well— great water pressure and new faucets, excellent A/C, a comfortable bed with new, high thread count linens. As is common in budget hotels, the only soap is in a dispenser on the shower wall that gives you a combo shampoo/body gel, so bring your own cosmetics or buy them separately if you are picky about that sort of thing.

Despite the construction of a building next door, (and my room was located right next to it), almost no sound got in. Talk about soundproofing! And, of course, the location is fantastic. It's right across from Times Square, the huge shopping mall, a block from a wonderful street market, and on top of a subway station.

The included breakfast is just the right size for an average-sized American and tasty enough to make your morning run smoothly. I'm staying here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family