OK, let's start with the good. The location. Can't get any better than this.
Now let's cut to the chase. We found someone's sticky dark green snot (with a nose hair) on our blanket cover. I kid you not. It was so fresh, that when we folded the blanket, it stuck and stained the clean side. Nasty. So we put the blanket on the floor, which according to environmentally-friendly rules indicates that we want to have the item changed. When we returned that evening, we found our bed very nicely made. But with the same damned snot!!!
Needless to say, this is a complete show-stopper for another stay. And we cannot recommend this hotel. If they're this dishonest with the blanket, imagine what they're doing with dirty towels we want replaced. I also used a towel on the desk chair so that I don't get in contact with any dirty fabric. When we returned, we suspected that the towel was put back on the bathroom railing, nicely folded.
We concur with previous reviews mentioning that the breakfast service is horrible and not even worth the trouble to get.
In spite of these negatives, we give 2 stars because of the location and the average tolerable rooms. Drab walls and ugly dark green carpeting are offset by good air conditioning and decent natural lighting from the windows. Also, when we confronted the cleaning lady regarding above comments, she did promptly replace our entire bedding at midnight (an inconvenient hour for them). Also, when we drove in, the security guard downstairs was extremely attentive, brought us a luggage cart, and helped us up to the lobby....all without asking for a tip! So kudos for that. And we're being a little more forgiving because we can see the crap that these poor hotel staff must endure from rude and inconsiderate China tourists from the mainland (full disclosure: I am a Hong Konger of Chinese descent, so I feel qualified to comment on the mainland's nouveau riche manners).
Summary: At almost $200 USD per night, we would rather pay a little extra and stay at a better hotel with a stronger reputation to keep. May as well pay the extra for a better experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the Sights and Sounds of Causeway Bay’s Exotic Commercial Centre at the Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay. You stay in the center of the Hong Kong Island, as the hotel is located at the commercial hub of Hong Kong. Travel from the Hong Kong International Airport to Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay via the Airport Express Railway, the journey takes about 40 minutes. Meanwhile, limousine transfer between the Hong Kong International Airport and hotel can be arranged by our Reservations or Front Desk staff in advance. Doing business is convenient at the Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay, with a host of corporate headquarters in the nearby Times Square and Hysan Place; meanwhile the Causeway Bay MTR station is adjacent to the hotel. Hop on the MTR for some direct trains to most of Hong Kong’s tourist attractions, it includes the Lan Kwai Fong,Victoria Peak, and Avenue of Stars. It is a good-value choice for everyone, as hotel provides every guest with a complimentary set breakfast each morning and free internet access via Wi-Fi. Meanwhile, stay in the Superior Room, guests can enjoy a handy smartphone with complimentary internet access and also free local and IDD calls to designated countries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Causeway Bay Hotel Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Causeway Bay
- Holiday Inn Causeway Bay
- Express Holiday Inn Hong Kong